gandalf_gray
05-28 07:36 PM
Hi,
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.:confused:
Sorry, I think I posted in wrong place.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.:confused:
Sorry, I think I posted in wrong place.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.
wallpaper pictures cute love quotes and
DarkChild
02-16 07:01 AM
my motto is "don't start anything you can't possibly win" so i'm not gonna start on this man, that is just sick...

tikka
08-05 08:33 PM
Please join us for a tri state lunch meet. We would like to start working on volunteers/ mobilizing members for the DC rally. Even if you cannot take the day off and come to DC please come by for the lunch. We could really use help with banners/posters/ and ideas to make this a success.
WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)
TIME: 12:00pm
ALSO- PLEASE DO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Thank you!
WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)
TIME: 12:00pm
ALSO- PLEASE DO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Thank you!
2011 funny quotes and sayings about

EB2_Jun03_dude
02-22 11:15 AM
I guess this dude(Greg) does not know @ EB2 India went 'U' even after pushing back Jan 2000.
I asked Greg Siskind about this. Heres his response:
"I did get this news about the meeting, but did not post on it as it sounded like it was not going to affect that many people. I would doubt that there are a lot of Indian EB-2s left with 2003 priority dates, but I could be wrong."
I asked Greg Siskind about this. Heres his response:
"I did get this news about the meeting, but did not post on it as it sounded like it was not going to affect that many people. I would doubt that there are a lot of Indian EB-2s left with 2003 priority dates, but I could be wrong."
more...
pappu
02-03 10:52 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23488
This is our immediate need. Could you pls help.
This is our immediate need. Could you pls help.
another one
07-09 02:26 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC Files Class Action Law Suit against the US Government for Refusing to Accept Green Card Applications
Chicago (July 9, 2007) � In the shadow of the debate about comprehensive immigration reform tens of thousands of skilled employment based immigrants awaiting their opportunity to legally apply for green cards have been unfairly denied the opportunity due to potential deliberate miscommunication � and an attempt to collect higher filing fees � from the U.S. Department of State and the and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency that processes visa and citizenship requests.
On June 12, the State Department announced in its monthly Visa Bulletin that beginning July 2 and for at least the entire month of July, all skilled workers seeking employer-sponsored green cards would be eligible to apply. However, on July 2, the State Department announced that they were breaking with 30 years of tradition and issued an update claiming that no more green cards were available because �the sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services offices during the past month.� USCIS followed and said that as a result they were going to reject the green card applications of anyone who applied relying on the July Bulletin. This meant that the thousands of immigrants who followed the government�s instructions and obtained the correct paperwork actually had no chance to receive a green card.
In response, Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC, the largest immigration law firm based in Chicago and fourth largest in the United States, on Friday July 6, filed a class-action law suit on behalf of its clients and all those like them, against Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, the Department of State, Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, the Department of Homeland Security, and USCIS, and Emilio Gonzalez, and F. Gerard Heinauer of USCIS for announcing that they would refuse to accept the green card applications on behalf of the skilled workers. The suit seeks a ruling that would keep applications filed in accordance with the original July Visa Bulletin from being rejected.
Azulay Horn & Seiden is the first firm to act proactively and file a complaint. �These are legal immigrants who have followed all the rules,� explained Ira Azulay, CEO of the firm. �They are productive members of our society and deserve to be treated fairly by our federal government. The State Department and USCIS acted against their own rules and 30 years of historical practice when they updated the Visa Bulletin and reneged on their historical obligations. They need to be held accountable for their actions and do right by these people. Acting any other way sends the horrible message that following the rules is worthless.�
The representative plaintiff in the case is Chicagoan Gabriela Ptasinska, a native of Poland who is lawfully present in the United States on a non-immigrant visa, working as a land planner with Manhard Consulting, Ltd. Given the Bulletin, Ptasinska and thousands of legal immigrants across the country worked to obtain the necessary documentation for their chance to receive a green card only to have it snatched away on July.
�I am a law-abiding, hardworking member of American society and have worked relentlessly to lawfully become a permanent resident of America,� said Ptasinska. �Now I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. I held-up my end of the bargain by doing everything the government told me to do, but USCIS did not keep their word.�
Mr. Azulay is available to discuss with the media the class-action suit and the impact of the government�s recent actions. A copy of the complaint in the matter of Gabriela Ptasinska, on behalf of herself and all others similarly situated v. U.S. Dept. of State, Condoleeza Rice, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Emilio Gonzalez, and F. Gerard Heinauer, Case No. 07 C 3795, can be downloaded from Azulay, Horn & Seiden�s website at www.ahslaw.com. People interested in joining the class can also visit the website to provide their information.
Azulay, Horn & Seiden, LLC (www.ahslaw.com) is Chicago�s largest immigration law firm and the fourth largest immigration firm in the country. AHS provides comprehensive US immigration legal services for businesses and individuals (including visa petitions, green card services, consular assistance, naturalization proceedings, immigration representation in all U.S. Courts, and appellate work), immigration consulting to businesses, as well as immigration related legal services (e.g. family law, criminal law). Its main office is located at 205 N. Michigan Ave., 40th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, with other offices in Florida, Wisconsin, and Manila, Philippines. For more information contact them at 312.832.9200 or by email at info@ahslaw.com.
Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC Files Class Action Law Suit against the US Government for Refusing to Accept Green Card Applications
Chicago (July 9, 2007) � In the shadow of the debate about comprehensive immigration reform tens of thousands of skilled employment based immigrants awaiting their opportunity to legally apply for green cards have been unfairly denied the opportunity due to potential deliberate miscommunication � and an attempt to collect higher filing fees � from the U.S. Department of State and the and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency that processes visa and citizenship requests.
On June 12, the State Department announced in its monthly Visa Bulletin that beginning July 2 and for at least the entire month of July, all skilled workers seeking employer-sponsored green cards would be eligible to apply. However, on July 2, the State Department announced that they were breaking with 30 years of tradition and issued an update claiming that no more green cards were available because �the sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services offices during the past month.� USCIS followed and said that as a result they were going to reject the green card applications of anyone who applied relying on the July Bulletin. This meant that the thousands of immigrants who followed the government�s instructions and obtained the correct paperwork actually had no chance to receive a green card.
In response, Azulay Horn & Seiden, LLC, the largest immigration law firm based in Chicago and fourth largest in the United States, on Friday July 6, filed a class-action law suit on behalf of its clients and all those like them, against Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, the Department of State, Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, the Department of Homeland Security, and USCIS, and Emilio Gonzalez, and F. Gerard Heinauer of USCIS for announcing that they would refuse to accept the green card applications on behalf of the skilled workers. The suit seeks a ruling that would keep applications filed in accordance with the original July Visa Bulletin from being rejected.
Azulay Horn & Seiden is the first firm to act proactively and file a complaint. �These are legal immigrants who have followed all the rules,� explained Ira Azulay, CEO of the firm. �They are productive members of our society and deserve to be treated fairly by our federal government. The State Department and USCIS acted against their own rules and 30 years of historical practice when they updated the Visa Bulletin and reneged on their historical obligations. They need to be held accountable for their actions and do right by these people. Acting any other way sends the horrible message that following the rules is worthless.�
The representative plaintiff in the case is Chicagoan Gabriela Ptasinska, a native of Poland who is lawfully present in the United States on a non-immigrant visa, working as a land planner with Manhard Consulting, Ltd. Given the Bulletin, Ptasinska and thousands of legal immigrants across the country worked to obtain the necessary documentation for their chance to receive a green card only to have it snatched away on July.
�I am a law-abiding, hardworking member of American society and have worked relentlessly to lawfully become a permanent resident of America,� said Ptasinska. �Now I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. I held-up my end of the bargain by doing everything the government told me to do, but USCIS did not keep their word.�
Mr. Azulay is available to discuss with the media the class-action suit and the impact of the government�s recent actions. A copy of the complaint in the matter of Gabriela Ptasinska, on behalf of herself and all others similarly situated v. U.S. Dept. of State, Condoleeza Rice, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Emilio Gonzalez, and F. Gerard Heinauer, Case No. 07 C 3795, can be downloaded from Azulay, Horn & Seiden�s website at www.ahslaw.com. People interested in joining the class can also visit the website to provide their information.
Azulay, Horn & Seiden, LLC (www.ahslaw.com) is Chicago�s largest immigration law firm and the fourth largest immigration firm in the country. AHS provides comprehensive US immigration legal services for businesses and individuals (including visa petitions, green card services, consular assistance, naturalization proceedings, immigration representation in all U.S. Courts, and appellate work), immigration consulting to businesses, as well as immigration related legal services (e.g. family law, criminal law). Its main office is located at 205 N. Michigan Ave., 40th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, with other offices in Florida, Wisconsin, and Manila, Philippines. For more information contact them at 312.832.9200 or by email at info@ahslaw.com.
more...
sameer2730
03-12 11:22 AM
First of all I don't know who sachbole is ?
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embarrassment of its exact value to your listeners!"
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embarrassment of its exact value to your listeners!"
2010 quotes about guys. cute
ramus
07-03 05:32 PM
Please ask others to do it now...
Thanks.
Thanks.
more...

mallu
02-16 03:20 PM
14% Asians Americans in US. (includes indians,chinese koreans, viatnamese, japanese etc)
I dont know about India and china specifically.
There are 2.7 million Indian americans in the U.S and 9.3 Chinese Americans.
You do the math.
Not sure if the totals include GC holders
What i would say is that if folks from a particular country is getting 'edge' in numbers , then the diversity axe should be applied. In that sense i was wondering whether the country quota applied is 'fair' ( i know what is fair is determined by the country which made the rules/laws/practices . ) to India,China .
I dont know about India and china specifically.
There are 2.7 million Indian americans in the U.S and 9.3 Chinese Americans.
You do the math.
Not sure if the totals include GC holders
What i would say is that if folks from a particular country is getting 'edge' in numbers , then the diversity axe should be applied. In that sense i was wondering whether the country quota applied is 'fair' ( i know what is fair is determined by the country which made the rules/laws/practices . ) to India,China .
hair LIFE - I Tags: cute quotes
sw33t
01-18 06:30 PM
US Code, Title 8 � 1304. Forms for registration and fingerprinting
(e) Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
So at least make a copy of your I-94/approval notice/GC and keep it in your wallet.
By law, you are not suppose to make copies of an official US document.
Also, a police officer cannot deport you. He will most likely make a call to the nearest border security post and can either chose to hand you over to them or check your status over radio/phone.
Rule of thumb for all immigrants is to make sure you carry your documents when traveling withing 100 miles of the US border.
If you are a student, some cops will also let you go if you show your student ID combined with your State Issued ID.
For those states that required for you to prove your valid immigration status when applying for a state ID, a gentle plea to the cop that the state couldn't have issued your ID unless they verify your status, might work!
(e) Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
So at least make a copy of your I-94/approval notice/GC and keep it in your wallet.
By law, you are not suppose to make copies of an official US document.
Also, a police officer cannot deport you. He will most likely make a call to the nearest border security post and can either chose to hand you over to them or check your status over radio/phone.
Rule of thumb for all immigrants is to make sure you carry your documents when traveling withing 100 miles of the US border.
If you are a student, some cops will also let you go if you show your student ID combined with your State Issued ID.
For those states that required for you to prove your valid immigration status when applying for a state ID, a gentle plea to the cop that the state couldn't have issued your ID unless they verify your status, might work!
more...
NKR
09-18 09:49 AM
It is not end of the world. But end of the economy as we know it. People smarter than me and you have said this is turning into an armageddon.
Economy is falling, people are losing jobs, fuel prices are rising, depressing is coming, housing market is going down. Look at the brighter side, if you invest in constructing industry building apartments you can make money now.
Jokes apart, what were the people smarter than me and you doing to prevent all this from happening?. Weren;t they smart enough then?.
Economy is falling, people are losing jobs, fuel prices are rising, depressing is coming, housing market is going down. Look at the brighter side, if you invest in constructing industry building apartments you can make money now.
Jokes apart, what were the people smarter than me and you doing to prevent all this from happening?. Weren;t they smart enough then?.
hot cute quotes and sayings about
mirage
02-03 03:54 PM
Guys we need to see the staff of 4 people. Congresswoman Zoe Logfen, Senator John Cornyn , Senator Arlen Specter and Senator Gillibrand. I have spoken to the offices of 2 of these Lawmakers, and they have always shown the understanding of this issue. as you may know recently elected NY Senator Gillibrand mentioned about 'some country people waiting for 8 years', this tells her understanding of the situation.
I have 4 people sent me emails, It would be good if we can make a group of about 20 people...It'll also help if people of these 4 states come forward...
also please suggest on conferencing facilitie..
Thanks
I have 4 people sent me emails, It would be good if we can make a group of about 20 people...It'll also help if people of these 4 states come forward...
also please suggest on conferencing facilitie..
Thanks
more...
house cute quotes and sayings about
jay75
08-15 08:10 PM
Sept Bulletin out - http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3761.html
I'm unable to understand well why EB3 is "U". :mad:
Friends, please share your thoughts. Let us discuss.........
I'm unable to understand well why EB3 is "U". :mad:
Friends, please share your thoughts. Let us discuss.........
tattoo funny quotes and sayings about
reddymjm
10-21 08:59 AM
Bump
more...
pictures 2011 quotes and cute pictures.

fcres
07-24 05:22 PM
I deleted my original post since you answered:-) thanks!
This brings up an interesting possibility for me. My first I-140 has been approved over email (awaiting physical receipt), although the Successor in Interest I-140 is pending.
Does the I-140 receipt always contain the A#? I will have to wait to see the physical receipt notice!
What i have heard is that the recent I140 approvals (2006/07) contains A#.
This brings up an interesting possibility for me. My first I-140 has been approved over email (awaiting physical receipt), although the Successor in Interest I-140 is pending.
Does the I-140 receipt always contain the A#? I will have to wait to see the physical receipt notice!
What i have heard is that the recent I140 approvals (2006/07) contains A#.
dresses cute quotes and sayings about
.jpg)
Macaca
07-18 06:31 AM
There is no misunderstanding here, I copied and pasted it from their website so the question of mis-understanding doesn't arise.
Always post URL!
Always post URL!
more...
makeup cute quotes for guys. cute

anurakt
12-27 06:49 PM
Dude,
That is what they are afraid off. They want you to go to your home country and not sneak into their country.
Many ppl go through European airports during transit and then ask for Political asyslum. Many Tamil Tigers did that so did sardars during khalistan times.
This all started after 9/11 , having a valid US visa means that you have gone through the security check...else when u apply for transit visa, they do these checks for you......
That is what they are afraid off. They want you to go to your home country and not sneak into their country.
Many ppl go through European airports during transit and then ask for Political asyslum. Many Tamil Tigers did that so did sardars during khalistan times.
This all started after 9/11 , having a valid US visa means that you have gone through the security check...else when u apply for transit visa, they do these checks for you......
girlfriend quotes and sayings about oys.
Imigrait
01-30 03:39 PM
No. This is NOT what I said.
Filing for I-485 covers out of status covers in most cases and it does not cover out of status from last admission to the date of I-485 filing.
____________________
Not a legal advice.
US Citizen of Indian Origin
I see your point. Thanks a lot again.
Filing for I-485 covers out of status covers in most cases and it does not cover out of status from last admission to the date of I-485 filing.
____________________
Not a legal advice.
US Citizen of Indian Origin
I see your point. Thanks a lot again.
hairstyles cute quotes and sayings about
Nil
03-10 09:27 PM
How abt showing the US govt - what is in it for them?
If they recapture x number of visas and y % buys a house soon after, it is a win-win situation. They provide solid ground under the feet of LEGALs and the benefactors build on top of that ground.
A key item will be to get a petition from a number of IVeans pledging to buy a house if they get a green card. If that number turns out high, this will be a good blil-board for our cause.
If they recapture x number of visas and y % buys a house soon after, it is a win-win situation. They provide solid ground under the feet of LEGALs and the benefactors build on top of that ground.
A key item will be to get a petition from a number of IVeans pledging to buy a house if they get a green card. If that number turns out high, this will be a good blil-board for our cause.
dummgelauft
04-07 11:50 AM
After reading this rumor mongering for a few weeks now, I have drawn a common between these cases (if we believe for a second that these stories ARE true). All these friend of a friend of a friend who were "sent back", seem to be working fro "desi" software "consultants". If that is indeed the case, then great work CIS. These shysters have no place in the EB queue anyways.
(2) I doubt if CIS will risk having a lawsuit thrown at them by a Genuine American or mutlinational company if they "send bacK" their genuine H1B employee ( Do you think A place like Microsoft, Intel, GE or Boeing etc will take such treatment of their employee? No, they will sue CIS.
(3) I work with H1B holders from OTHER countries too (lots of Russians and Chinese). None of them have ever "heard" any "friend of a friend" sent back.
So, Cut the crap and do your work.
(2) I doubt if CIS will risk having a lawsuit thrown at them by a Genuine American or mutlinational company if they "send bacK" their genuine H1B employee ( Do you think A place like Microsoft, Intel, GE or Boeing etc will take such treatment of their employee? No, they will sue CIS.
(3) I work with H1B holders from OTHER countries too (lots of Russians and Chinese). None of them have ever "heard" any "friend of a friend" sent back.
So, Cut the crap and do your work.
sukhwinderd
02-21 07:25 PM
people from cary, NC ; boston; detroit; orlando; new jersey till now.
need more participation from these areas as well as from other states.
need more participation from these areas as well as from other states.
No comments:
Post a Comment