DesBhakt
03-09 10:06 PM
HAHAAHA, Yu guys are still dreaming. No more egreen cards for H1Bs doesnt matter what stage you are in. You will get queries like 'when there are so many americans without jobs, why do you need immigrants?' can any company wants to respond to this query?
Already several companies (especially american companies)received this type of audit, And they stopped filing labor and I140.Dont know what type of new audits come at 485 stage.I lost hopes of green card. I have 3.6 years left on H1. I will save whatever I can n go back to india, open a groceyr store, run it on no profit no loss purpose.
:) You will have to fight the Reliance Freshs and subhikshas etc as competitors on that grocery store.
Already several companies (especially american companies)received this type of audit, And they stopped filing labor and I140.Dont know what type of new audits come at 485 stage.I lost hopes of green card. I have 3.6 years left on H1. I will save whatever I can n go back to india, open a groceyr store, run it on no profit no loss purpose.
:) You will have to fight the Reliance Freshs and subhikshas etc as competitors on that grocery store.
wallpaper Pinup Girl Tattoo
sunny1000
07-02 02:07 AM
I talked to my Professor where I did my masters and he agreed to sign the online petition. He is one of top researchers in his field. Imagine if we can get signatures from such great . Professors, outstanding Scientists, CEO's and Directors of big companies, Journalists (like the one who wrote nice article in Washington post about legal immigration) and probably Bill Gates. This would create great attention for our cause. They are lots of people out there who support legal immigration and its time to bring them together and show it to the world in a petition.
If anyone thinks this is a good idea, can you just leave a message saying that you support it. At least we know how many people are interested in this forum.
I will gladly sign this petition as well.
Can you please ask your professor to call Rep.Lamar Smith to voice his support for the Lofgren bills? That would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
If anyone thinks this is a good idea, can you just leave a message saying that you support it. At least we know how many people are interested in this forum.
I will gladly sign this petition as well.
Can you please ask your professor to call Rep.Lamar Smith to voice his support for the Lofgren bills? That would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
frostrated
07-13 08:37 AM
Do any of you think that the dates will move forward next month? Looking at the backlog numbers published by USCIS, I think they moved as far as they could to make use of all the available visas. I am thinking that the move next month might be only a few days or a month at the max. USCIS mentioned last month that we could expect the dates to be March/April 06 at the end of this fiscal year. Will this mean that EB2I will hold out at March / April 06 for the next fiscal year?
2011 Pin-Up Tattoo Royalty Free
thomachan72
05-26 08:07 PM
as one member mentioned I am planning to take photocopy (notarized) of my visa and I-94 and carry one copy in the car. I am sure they are not out there to capture H1b/L1 visa holders who are ilegal. They will have to search for years before they can find somebody. There are very very very few it all any of us who might be present ilegally and they very well should know that by now. The should be more concerned about those who come on B1/B2 or other visas like artists etc. These are likely to overstay but 99% of us EB people are legal and very careful to be legal always. But anyway thanks for posting, I am getting my photocopy ASAP.
more...

EndlessWait
02-12 04:02 PM
Its like what NAZIS did to Jews.. Cmon this is America, lets post this to President Obama's website
saketkapur
11-11 02:12 PM
Compete America Congratulates President-Elect Obama
Last update: 4:31 p.m. EST Nov. 5, 2008
WASHINGTON, Nov 05, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Business and University Leaders Express Optimism that New Administration will Support Much-Needed Reform to Visa Programs for Highly Educated Employees
Compete America today congratulated President-elect Barack Obama for his victory in yesterday's elections. Compete America, a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations advocating for the reform of out-dated visa policies for highly educated foreign professionals, did not, and does not endorse candidates at any level.
"We are optimistic that the President-elect and his team understand the critical importance of highly educated foreign professionals to economic growth and job creation. Investing in innovation is one of the most effective ways we can stimulate our economy," said Robert Hoffman, Vice President for Government and Public Affairs at Oracle and Co-Chair of Compete America. "History has shown that top talent living and working in America is a boon to our economy and a proven job creator for quality American jobs."
Hoffman continued by saying that Compete America was also encouraged that President-elect Obama recognizes the importance of investment in research and supports improving education for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Basic research investments and improved STEM education are two critical components of continued U.S. innovation leadership.
Hoffman noted that during the campaign, the Obama-Biden policy paper on Science and Innovation stated the following:
Barack Obama supports comprehensive immigration reform that improves our visa programs to attract some of the world's most talented people to America, including improvements in our legal permanent resident visa programs and temporary programs such as the H-1B program. Obama will:
Reduce the backlog of skilled immigrants waiting to become permanentresidents by increasing the number of employment-based visas.
Create a "fast track" system that allows foreign students thatreceive advanced technical degrees from U.S. universities to receive an employment-based visa without having to return to their home country.
Balance visa and export control policies against the possibility that they deter international scientific exchange or send a message to international students, scholars, scientists, and engineers that theyare not welcome in the United States.
Work to ensure immigrant workers are less dependent on their employers for their right to stay in the country and hold accountable employers who abuse the system and their workers.
For more information on how highly educated immigration benefits America, please visit http://www.competeamerica.org.
Compete America ( http://www.competeamerica.org) is a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations concerned about legal, employment-based immigration and committed to ensuring that the United States has the highly educated workforce necessary to ensure continued innovation, job creation and leadership in a worldwide economy.
Last update: 4:31 p.m. EST Nov. 5, 2008
WASHINGTON, Nov 05, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Business and University Leaders Express Optimism that New Administration will Support Much-Needed Reform to Visa Programs for Highly Educated Employees
Compete America today congratulated President-elect Barack Obama for his victory in yesterday's elections. Compete America, a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations advocating for the reform of out-dated visa policies for highly educated foreign professionals, did not, and does not endorse candidates at any level.
"We are optimistic that the President-elect and his team understand the critical importance of highly educated foreign professionals to economic growth and job creation. Investing in innovation is one of the most effective ways we can stimulate our economy," said Robert Hoffman, Vice President for Government and Public Affairs at Oracle and Co-Chair of Compete America. "History has shown that top talent living and working in America is a boon to our economy and a proven job creator for quality American jobs."
Hoffman continued by saying that Compete America was also encouraged that President-elect Obama recognizes the importance of investment in research and supports improving education for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Basic research investments and improved STEM education are two critical components of continued U.S. innovation leadership.
Hoffman noted that during the campaign, the Obama-Biden policy paper on Science and Innovation stated the following:
Barack Obama supports comprehensive immigration reform that improves our visa programs to attract some of the world's most talented people to America, including improvements in our legal permanent resident visa programs and temporary programs such as the H-1B program. Obama will:
Reduce the backlog of skilled immigrants waiting to become permanentresidents by increasing the number of employment-based visas.
Create a "fast track" system that allows foreign students thatreceive advanced technical degrees from U.S. universities to receive an employment-based visa without having to return to their home country.
Balance visa and export control policies against the possibility that they deter international scientific exchange or send a message to international students, scholars, scientists, and engineers that theyare not welcome in the United States.
Work to ensure immigrant workers are less dependent on their employers for their right to stay in the country and hold accountable employers who abuse the system and their workers.
For more information on how highly educated immigration benefits America, please visit http://www.competeamerica.org.
Compete America ( http://www.competeamerica.org) is a coalition of corporations, educators, research institutions and trade associations concerned about legal, employment-based immigration and committed to ensuring that the United States has the highly educated workforce necessary to ensure continued innovation, job creation and leadership in a worldwide economy.
more...
indianabacklog
04-07 09:53 AM
From a logical perspective how many people arrive on flights which just happen to arrive during regular business hours so employers can be contacted?? Even if you do arrive in the middle of the day the chances are the phone would not be manned at that precise moment the POE officer chooses to call.
If there would be any doubt the POE officer would pass the individual onto secondary inspection for them to take care of things.
Another observation, why are H1B holders in line in front of green card holders. Did the green card holders just happen to want to join the long line or did the visa holder decide they could go in the short line at immigration?
Just some thoughts after reading these sort of posts.
Another one, how on earth does an employer know that there is a US citizen that could do the job spontaneously when the POE officer just happened to call them???
Until I see a real story that can be verified I doubt what I am reading is true.
If there would be any doubt the POE officer would pass the individual onto secondary inspection for them to take care of things.
Another observation, why are H1B holders in line in front of green card holders. Did the green card holders just happen to want to join the long line or did the visa holder decide they could go in the short line at immigration?
Just some thoughts after reading these sort of posts.
Another one, how on earth does an employer know that there is a US citizen that could do the job spontaneously when the POE officer just happened to call them???
Until I see a real story that can be verified I doubt what I am reading is true.
2010 This particular tattoo won
kaisersose
07-14 05:56 PM
Should I send a AC21 letter to USCIS along with my new employment letter?
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
Of course, you know your problems best, but it was obviously irresponsible of you to quit before letting 180 days pass after applying for 485.
Here is the problem. The letter of employment you send to CIS must have a start date which will expose your violation of the 180 day rule. So unless you lie here, you are likely in in trouble. Your best bet is to suck it up and return to your sponsoring employer. That will ensure your case 100%. Any other option is risky.
Go to a knowledged attorney. Khanna, Murthy, Gotcher etc., are the names I know.
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
Of course, you know your problems best, but it was obviously irresponsible of you to quit before letting 180 days pass after applying for 485.
Here is the problem. The letter of employment you send to CIS must have a start date which will expose your violation of the 180 day rule. So unless you lie here, you are likely in in trouble. Your best bet is to suck it up and return to your sponsoring employer. That will ensure your case 100%. Any other option is risky.
Go to a knowledged attorney. Khanna, Murthy, Gotcher etc., are the names I know.
more...
texcan
01-22 06:48 PM
Great discussion here, its great to see prospective from many folks.
Wonderful insights.
Saggi13
Man great venting.
Here is a question for you and for all of us in similiar circumstances. you got to ask a question.....what will make you happy. You took a great step in buying the house not because of any reason other than "you wanted your daughter needed some place to play". You took the decision, made a choice....Now you should be happy for you did what you deened important for you and you did it.
Now things went bad after buying a house, but overall you choose to buy this and that should make you happy.
Nothing personal Sagi13...your write was excellent about changes with in 9 months. It will all work out for you.
I read somewhere "happiness is in action". Its far more easier to ask sorry for something done, than to repent for something left undone.
For me what has worked so far is trying to stay out of Rat Race, and this too by choice.
I choose not to waste money on new cars, not my type, i refuse to judge people by the cars they drive. i have driven decent cars, but never paid a penny to anyone on car loan interest. So will i do for a house, god willing.
i make sure to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and real time spend relaxing, enjoying sun ...walks in morning.
i did spend a lot of money this last year on soft factors/family and friends...more than 10K ...i choose to do so; and i am happy so far.
This may not be a big amount for someone, and this expense could have been avoided but we choose to spend it, fine no issues.
My belief is, one got to make peace with one self, past is past ..and stop comparisons
We all make mistakes, i make more mistakes than my fair share of "1" a day...
Remember "we are spritual beings having human experiences". T
Here is another good line i try to remember always, think about what do you want...lets say GC.
Imagine you got GC today....now what will you do differently than what you are doing today. what change will GC bring to you as a person ( forget other crazy ideas we have created in our minds.....like help in job, realizing american dream, and please Donot cite reasons like it will be easier to travel/get a job. )
If you donot have any solid differences in your life...after getting a GC...then my friend you are in Rat Race.
This American dream is a bull ....by marketers, this is a dream for everyone on this planet, and most achieve it....by having a space where they can relax not by owning something....ownership is perceived notion. How can owning a piece of wood and concrete help anyone??
Wonderful insights.
Saggi13
Man great venting.
Here is a question for you and for all of us in similiar circumstances. you got to ask a question.....what will make you happy. You took a great step in buying the house not because of any reason other than "you wanted your daughter needed some place to play". You took the decision, made a choice....Now you should be happy for you did what you deened important for you and you did it.
Now things went bad after buying a house, but overall you choose to buy this and that should make you happy.
Nothing personal Sagi13...your write was excellent about changes with in 9 months. It will all work out for you.
I read somewhere "happiness is in action". Its far more easier to ask sorry for something done, than to repent for something left undone.
For me what has worked so far is trying to stay out of Rat Race, and this too by choice.
I choose not to waste money on new cars, not my type, i refuse to judge people by the cars they drive. i have driven decent cars, but never paid a penny to anyone on car loan interest. So will i do for a house, god willing.
i make sure to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and real time spend relaxing, enjoying sun ...walks in morning.
i did spend a lot of money this last year on soft factors/family and friends...more than 10K ...i choose to do so; and i am happy so far.
This may not be a big amount for someone, and this expense could have been avoided but we choose to spend it, fine no issues.
My belief is, one got to make peace with one self, past is past ..and stop comparisons
We all make mistakes, i make more mistakes than my fair share of "1" a day...
Remember "we are spritual beings having human experiences". T
Here is another good line i try to remember always, think about what do you want...lets say GC.
Imagine you got GC today....now what will you do differently than what you are doing today. what change will GC bring to you as a person ( forget other crazy ideas we have created in our minds.....like help in job, realizing american dream, and please Donot cite reasons like it will be easier to travel/get a job. )
If you donot have any solid differences in your life...after getting a GC...then my friend you are in Rat Race.
This American dream is a bull ....by marketers, this is a dream for everyone on this planet, and most achieve it....by having a space where they can relax not by owning something....ownership is perceived notion. How can owning a piece of wood and concrete help anyone??
hair of the Classic Pin-Up Girl
immigrant2007
08-12 04:04 PM
not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.
EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.
This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....
EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...
I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.
This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....
EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...
I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
more...
perm2gc
01-16 06:08 PM
Guys please post any websites/forum where we can post our message.I will post it.I have already done in many websites but missed a few that are non-english.
hot pin up tattoo.
vandanaverdia
09-11 03:20 PM
Don't you wanna be a part of history???? What is stopping you???
Come to DC & lets be heard!!!
Come to DC & lets be heard!!!
more...
house crafty pinup tattoo
pappu
11-30 01:16 AM
thanks for the responses on this thread. Can one of you take the responsibility of contacting everyone and organizing the conference call? In the confrence call everyone can introduce themselves, discuss ideas and action items to work on.
tattoo Pin-Up Girl: Garage Creeper
Asian
12-27 09:34 AM
I could open Ohio college fund for my kid. They requested my child's social security number. ITIN does not work. I explained the situation that I cannot obtain one until GC. The customer service rep said it is okay to open without it but provide the SSN once acquired.
I think the biggest problem with the restriction is when trying to get a job. Many employers openly say they will not sponsor H-1B or green card. To be more precise, there are few companies who would do it.
You mean 529? Thanks of telling. I was planning to open an account for my kid's college.
Are you sure they wont let you open an account even if the kid is american citizen by birth?
I think the biggest problem with the restriction is when trying to get a job. Many employers openly say they will not sponsor H-1B or green card. To be more precise, there are few companies who would do it.
You mean 529? Thanks of telling. I was planning to open an account for my kid's college.
Are you sure they wont let you open an account even if the kid is american citizen by birth?
more...
pictures pinup tattoos. pin up girls

pv2715
07-12 06:41 PM
That may not be true. I had read somewhere (in this forum) that DOS sets up cut-off dates as 01, 08, 14, and 22, and 01 includes from 1st to 7th, 08 includes 8th to 13th, and so on and so forth.
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
dresses A dancing pin up girl tattoo.
ImmiLosers
11-22 07:41 PM
Document URL
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/afm_ch22_091206R.pdf
PAGE 27
(1) Determining the Priority Date.
In general, if a petition is supported by an individual labor certification issued by DOL, the priority date is the earliest date upon which the labor certification application was filed with DOL. In those cases where the alien�s priority date is established by the filing of the labor certification, once the alien�s Form I-140 petition has been approved, the alien beneficiary retains his or her priority date as established by the filing of the labor certification for any future Form I-140 petitions, unless the previously approved Form I-140 petition has been revoked because of fraud or willful misrepresentation. This includes cases where a change of employer has occurred; however, the new employer must obtain a new labor certification if the classification requested requires a labor certification (see the section on successor in interest).
PAGE 28
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification:)
It looks like law is not clear about revocation of I-140 or am I missing something
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/afm_ch22_091206R.pdf
PAGE 27
(1) Determining the Priority Date.
In general, if a petition is supported by an individual labor certification issued by DOL, the priority date is the earliest date upon which the labor certification application was filed with DOL. In those cases where the alien�s priority date is established by the filing of the labor certification, once the alien�s Form I-140 petition has been approved, the alien beneficiary retains his or her priority date as established by the filing of the labor certification for any future Form I-140 petitions, unless the previously approved Form I-140 petition has been revoked because of fraud or willful misrepresentation. This includes cases where a change of employer has occurred; however, the new employer must obtain a new labor certification if the classification requested requires a labor certification (see the section on successor in interest).
PAGE 28
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification:)
It looks like law is not clear about revocation of I-140 or am I missing something
more...
makeup my pin up hot rod tattoo
reno_john
06-18 03:55 PM
For people who want to file I-485 filing on their own. Since 485 filing requires only one document from the employer (Employer's letter saying you have the job and its the same job description), its possible to file 485 by oneself without additional help from lawyer or employer. This is a thread for that purpose. Even those who have the help and attention of a good lawyer can use this thread for guidance. This is the initial list of documents that are required for 485 filing and the optional EAD and AP filing. The fee structure is scheduled to change after July 30th. The fees listed below are applicable now thru July 29th.
I-485 DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
1. Payment Checks (USCIS Filing Fees $325.00 in favor of 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS').
Original fee plus $70.00 biometrics services fee if you are 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years of age, the fee is $225.00 with no biometric services fee. If you are 79 years of age or older, the fee is $325.00 with no biometrics services fee.
Fillable I-485 form:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
Application is sent to:
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485
2. Form G-28 one with each Application form. Dont need this if you are doing it on your own without the lawyer. If doing on your own, you can fill out G-28 for your spouse, if you are filling out the forms and doing paperwork for your spouse. G-28 shows that the applicant is being represented etc. If you and your spouse are both filling out your own forms and signing them then you may not need G-28 for anything.
3. Two Photographs per 1-485,1-131,1-765
4. Completed form 1-485 for Adjustment of Status
5. Completed Period of Stay form. Completed in chronological order starting with first entry into US, and all changes of status, extensions, exits and entries, down to your current status.
6. Evidence of Valid Nonimmigrant Status:
Copies of both sides of any and all 1-94 cards
Copies of all 1-797 approval notices
Copies of any and all I-20's (if applicable, both sides)
Copies of all IAP 66 forms
Copies of all PT Work Authorization Cards (if applicable)
Copies of All pages of passport - INCLUDING BLANK PAGES AND PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TWO SIDED COPIES; ONE COPY PER PAGE AND MAKE SURE THAT COPIES ARE LEGIBLE
COMPLETED FORM G-325A Biographic Sheet
I-693 form( Every civil surgeon mostly has this form)
Completed Form 1-693 Medical Examination (SEALED) along with copy of list of INS approved Civil Surgeons
Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate COPIES and other evidence of birth/marriage. One marriage certificate needed per person
Employment Letter in Format
Original for employee, copy for all other
I-765/EAD DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)
Documents required for EAD/I-765 per person:
Completed Form I-765 (EAD):
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf
2 photos(full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $180.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-765 mentioned in the comments section of the check
Copy of past EAD card front/back sides
Copy of recent I-94 card (both sides)
Copy of visa page of passport in color
Copy of driver's license
Copy of I-485 receipt notice (if applicable)
Copy of I-140 approval notice
Copy of Marriage certificate (if applying for spouse)
I-131/Advance Parole DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)
Documents required for Advance parole/ I-131 per person:
Completed form I-131
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131.pdf
2 photos (full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $170.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-131 mentioned in the comments section of the check
copy of EAD card front/back sides,
Copy of I-94 card,
Copy of visa page of passport in color,
Copy of driver's license,
Copy of I-485 receipt notice,
Copy of I-140 approval notice,
Copy of Marriage certificate,
Copy of birth certificate for children and a letter explaining the reason for travel
Signed statement requesting advance parole
I-485 DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
1. Payment Checks (USCIS Filing Fees $325.00 in favor of 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS').
Original fee plus $70.00 biometrics services fee if you are 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years of age, the fee is $225.00 with no biometric services fee. If you are 79 years of age or older, the fee is $325.00 with no biometrics services fee.
Fillable I-485 form:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
Application is sent to:
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485
2. Form G-28 one with each Application form. Dont need this if you are doing it on your own without the lawyer. If doing on your own, you can fill out G-28 for your spouse, if you are filling out the forms and doing paperwork for your spouse. G-28 shows that the applicant is being represented etc. If you and your spouse are both filling out your own forms and signing them then you may not need G-28 for anything.
3. Two Photographs per 1-485,1-131,1-765
4. Completed form 1-485 for Adjustment of Status
5. Completed Period of Stay form. Completed in chronological order starting with first entry into US, and all changes of status, extensions, exits and entries, down to your current status.
6. Evidence of Valid Nonimmigrant Status:
Copies of both sides of any and all 1-94 cards
Copies of all 1-797 approval notices
Copies of any and all I-20's (if applicable, both sides)
Copies of all IAP 66 forms
Copies of all PT Work Authorization Cards (if applicable)
Copies of All pages of passport - INCLUDING BLANK PAGES AND PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TWO SIDED COPIES; ONE COPY PER PAGE AND MAKE SURE THAT COPIES ARE LEGIBLE
COMPLETED FORM G-325A Biographic Sheet
I-693 form( Every civil surgeon mostly has this form)
Completed Form 1-693 Medical Examination (SEALED) along with copy of list of INS approved Civil Surgeons
Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate COPIES and other evidence of birth/marriage. One marriage certificate needed per person
Employment Letter in Format
Original for employee, copy for all other
I-765/EAD DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)
Documents required for EAD/I-765 per person:
Completed Form I-765 (EAD):
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf
2 photos(full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $180.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-765 mentioned in the comments section of the check
Copy of past EAD card front/back sides
Copy of recent I-94 card (both sides)
Copy of visa page of passport in color
Copy of driver's license
Copy of I-485 receipt notice (if applicable)
Copy of I-140 approval notice
Copy of Marriage certificate (if applying for spouse)
I-131/Advance Parole DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)
Documents required for Advance parole/ I-131 per person:
Completed form I-131
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131.pdf
2 photos (full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $170.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-131 mentioned in the comments section of the check
copy of EAD card front/back sides,
Copy of I-94 card,
Copy of visa page of passport in color,
Copy of driver's license,
Copy of I-485 receipt notice,
Copy of I-140 approval notice,
Copy of Marriage certificate,
Copy of birth certificate for children and a letter explaining the reason for travel
Signed statement requesting advance parole
girlfriend pin up tattoo.

sw33t
01-18 06:30 PM
US Code, Title 8 � 1304. Forms for registration and fingerprinting
(e) Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
So at least make a copy of your I-94/approval notice/GC and keep it in your wallet.
By law, you are not suppose to make copies of an official US document.
Also, a police officer cannot deport you. He will most likely make a call to the nearest border security post and can either chose to hand you over to them or check your status over radio/phone.
Rule of thumb for all immigrants is to make sure you carry your documents when traveling withing 100 miles of the US border.
If you are a student, some cops will also let you go if you show your student ID combined with your State Issued ID.
For those states that required for you to prove your valid immigration status when applying for a state ID, a gentle plea to the cop that the state couldn't have issued your ID unless they verify your status, might work!
(e) Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
So at least make a copy of your I-94/approval notice/GC and keep it in your wallet.
By law, you are not suppose to make copies of an official US document.
Also, a police officer cannot deport you. He will most likely make a call to the nearest border security post and can either chose to hand you over to them or check your status over radio/phone.
Rule of thumb for all immigrants is to make sure you carry your documents when traveling withing 100 miles of the US border.
If you are a student, some cops will also let you go if you show your student ID combined with your State Issued ID.
For those states that required for you to prove your valid immigration status when applying for a state ID, a gentle plea to the cop that the state couldn't have issued your ID unless they verify your status, might work!
hairstyles Pin-up tattoo
perm2gc
01-11 03:12 PM
http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=691603441&f=902603441&m=53410452831&r=53410452831#53410452831
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
Winner
06-11 08:02 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEND THE MESSAGE. WE WILL ALSO START WITH THE PHONE CAMPAIGN IN THE MORNING.
Reason being, the other side is writing letters to other Senators to seek their support. They want to see this amendment pass. Here is the letter.
************************************************** ***************
COMPANIES LAYING-OFF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN WORKERS DON�T NEED GUEST WORKERS
Please Support the Sanders-Grassley Employ America Amendment to the Tax Extenders bill
Dear Colleague:
Since the recession started in December of 2007, nearly 8 million Americans have lost their jobs and the unemployment rate has nearly doubled. In total, 15 million Americans are officially unemployed, another 8.8 million Americans are working part-time only because they cannot find a full-time job, and more than one million workers have given up looking for work altogether.
With the unemployment rate still unacceptably high and millions of people looking for a job, we have a responsibility to ensure that companies do not use temporary visa programs to replace American workers with cheaper labor from overseas.
Therefore, during the consideration of the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act, we will be offering an amendment that would prohibit companies which have announced mass lay-offs over the past year from hiring guest workers, unless they can prove that their overall employment will not be reduced as a result of these lay-offs.
At a time when millions of Americans are out of work, the notion that we need to import labor from abroad because there are not enough qualified, willing or able American workers in this country rings hollow.
Recently, some of the very companies that have hired tens of thousands of guest-workers from overseas have announced large scale lay-offs of American workers. The high-tech industry, a major employer of H-1B guest workers, has announced over 330,000 job cuts since 2008. The construction industry, a major employer of H-2B guest-workers, has laid-off 1.9 million workers since December of 2007.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, signed into law last February, included a provision to prevent companies receiving assistance through the Troubled Asset Relief Program from replacing laid-off American workers with guest-workers from overseas.
The Employ America Act expands upon this provision to prevent any company engaged in a mass lay-off of American workers from importing cheaper labor from abroad through temporary guest-worker programs. Those companies that are truly facing labor shortages would not be impacted by this legislation and could continue to obtain employer-sponsored visas. Only companies that are laying-off a large number of Americans would be barred from importing foreign workers through guest worker programs.
If you would like to co-sponsor this amendment, please have your staff contact Warren Gunnels in Sen. Sanders� office at 8-6358 or Kathy Nuebel Kovarik in Sen. Grassley's office at 4-3744.
Sincerely,
____________________ ____________________
BERNARD SANDERS CHARLES E. GRASSLEY
UNITED STATES SENATOR UNITED STATES SENATOR
************************************************** ***************
This underscores the urgency. Please act on the action item NOW.
Reason being, the other side is writing letters to other Senators to seek their support. They want to see this amendment pass. Here is the letter.
************************************************** ***************
COMPANIES LAYING-OFF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN WORKERS DON�T NEED GUEST WORKERS
Please Support the Sanders-Grassley Employ America Amendment to the Tax Extenders bill
Dear Colleague:
Since the recession started in December of 2007, nearly 8 million Americans have lost their jobs and the unemployment rate has nearly doubled. In total, 15 million Americans are officially unemployed, another 8.8 million Americans are working part-time only because they cannot find a full-time job, and more than one million workers have given up looking for work altogether.
With the unemployment rate still unacceptably high and millions of people looking for a job, we have a responsibility to ensure that companies do not use temporary visa programs to replace American workers with cheaper labor from overseas.
Therefore, during the consideration of the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act, we will be offering an amendment that would prohibit companies which have announced mass lay-offs over the past year from hiring guest workers, unless they can prove that their overall employment will not be reduced as a result of these lay-offs.
At a time when millions of Americans are out of work, the notion that we need to import labor from abroad because there are not enough qualified, willing or able American workers in this country rings hollow.
Recently, some of the very companies that have hired tens of thousands of guest-workers from overseas have announced large scale lay-offs of American workers. The high-tech industry, a major employer of H-1B guest workers, has announced over 330,000 job cuts since 2008. The construction industry, a major employer of H-2B guest-workers, has laid-off 1.9 million workers since December of 2007.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, signed into law last February, included a provision to prevent companies receiving assistance through the Troubled Asset Relief Program from replacing laid-off American workers with guest-workers from overseas.
The Employ America Act expands upon this provision to prevent any company engaged in a mass lay-off of American workers from importing cheaper labor from abroad through temporary guest-worker programs. Those companies that are truly facing labor shortages would not be impacted by this legislation and could continue to obtain employer-sponsored visas. Only companies that are laying-off a large number of Americans would be barred from importing foreign workers through guest worker programs.
If you would like to co-sponsor this amendment, please have your staff contact Warren Gunnels in Sen. Sanders� office at 8-6358 or Kathy Nuebel Kovarik in Sen. Grassley's office at 4-3744.
Sincerely,
____________________ ____________________
BERNARD SANDERS CHARLES E. GRASSLEY
UNITED STATES SENATOR UNITED STATES SENATOR
************************************************** ***************
This underscores the urgency. Please act on the action item NOW.
gccovet
09-10 01:35 PM
I am wondering when will they discuss about Humans ?:mad:
After they have their stomach full, and after finishing about animals, other humans then comes lousy aliens like me and you.
After they have their stomach full, and after finishing about animals, other humans then comes lousy aliens like me and you.
No comments:
Post a Comment