
centaur
08-15 05:34 PM
I think its not going to budge after this for 3 months or so, till they calculate all the applications received and do the math. Hopefully it will move forwards then, however (less likely) it can move backwards too ( I have seen strangest patterns with the bulletins)
wallpaper gas pump girls

carpediem
06-08 11:32 PM
I was thinking about the inconsistencies pointed out in Mr Oppenheim's interview by some people. My personal opinion is that he may be like some managers in the industry. Managers may not understand the deep down nitty-gritties of their projects. But usually they do understand the broad/big picture of the things their teams are working on.
Mr Oppenheim may have some facts wrong but I am sure he doesn't have the big picture wrong. My 2c. Finally it's just an opinion.
Mr Oppenheim may have some facts wrong but I am sure he doesn't have the big picture wrong. My 2c. Finally it's just an opinion.
logiclife
12-27 12:08 PM
was visiting India after 5 years..the visa on my passport expired in 2003.. no transit visa.. had the new Visa document with me though.. missed the connecting KLM flight in Amsterdam & the next available flight was the following day.. the Airline staff went through my Visa document & gave me a 24-hr transit Visa & did put me up @ a hotel outside the Airport.. 'twas a blessing in disguise as I could tick AMS off my 'to visit' list..
So you were in Amsterdam for 1 day. ;) Did you visit any of the legal hesh bars? (Just kiddin).
So you were in Amsterdam for 1 day. ;) Did you visit any of the legal hesh bars? (Just kiddin).
2011 gas pump girls

god_bless_you
12-13 11:46 AM
I think you should write an e-mail to the core team to get their attention on this idea.
Do you think no one from core team reading this thread??
Do you think no one from core team reading this thread??
more...
gcnotfiledyet
02-28 02:33 PM
What a lovely change. Every time Obama and his press Secy opens their mouth, markets dive into red. In this country Main Street and Wall Street are in bed with each other :-)
Obama with his sense-less economic policies, trying to separate Main Street from Wall street. Government needs to seriously lure the investors to the market , cut capital gains and taxes, take off protectionist hats and recover the economy. Then Obama can go with his socialist/populist agenda but certainly this is not the right time.:D
Expect huge government control pretty much over everything from now on. Times of big government are back. Government (read leftist like Obama) has seen the result of private investors. Healthcare is a mess, education is below par, social security/medicare is on brink, rich getting richer, poor getting worse etc.
Obama has totally different philosophy than republicans. Bill clinton said era of big govt were over. But that is about to change. In insurance / pharma sectors govt will wipe off these scumbags. Insurance companies are nothing but taking away profits for no help. There is no reason for them to exist. If you think about insurance general americans are paying 11k for family on average income of 48k. That is tax of 20%. Also add profit taking by insurance companies to increase costs, preventive care totally denied, admins taking decision instead of doctors etc. I would rather pay 10% more taxes to govt than to insurance companies.
Govt is all ready to wipe off sallie mae. There is no reason for private investors need to provide loans for students. Government should be able to make federal loans and help students. Private investors made loans to students to fund their luxuries during colleges. These essential services critical for a nation should not be used to make profit. Or else it results in what we are seeing today.
Either way there is no debate that Obama will bring more government in every sector. This will discourage investors to put their money into it. It will also mean higher taxes for average public to use these services. It can mean that country will move in direction of services provided to average Joe rather than corporations making profits. As for investors they can forget to make blind profits from wall street. They will have to fund innovation rather than profit making by abusing law (read housing crisis).
Obama with his sense-less economic policies, trying to separate Main Street from Wall street. Government needs to seriously lure the investors to the market , cut capital gains and taxes, take off protectionist hats and recover the economy. Then Obama can go with his socialist/populist agenda but certainly this is not the right time.:D
Expect huge government control pretty much over everything from now on. Times of big government are back. Government (read leftist like Obama) has seen the result of private investors. Healthcare is a mess, education is below par, social security/medicare is on brink, rich getting richer, poor getting worse etc.
Obama has totally different philosophy than republicans. Bill clinton said era of big govt were over. But that is about to change. In insurance / pharma sectors govt will wipe off these scumbags. Insurance companies are nothing but taking away profits for no help. There is no reason for them to exist. If you think about insurance general americans are paying 11k for family on average income of 48k. That is tax of 20%. Also add profit taking by insurance companies to increase costs, preventive care totally denied, admins taking decision instead of doctors etc. I would rather pay 10% more taxes to govt than to insurance companies.
Govt is all ready to wipe off sallie mae. There is no reason for private investors need to provide loans for students. Government should be able to make federal loans and help students. Private investors made loans to students to fund their luxuries during colleges. These essential services critical for a nation should not be used to make profit. Or else it results in what we are seeing today.
Either way there is no debate that Obama will bring more government in every sector. This will discourage investors to put their money into it. It will also mean higher taxes for average public to use these services. It can mean that country will move in direction of services provided to average Joe rather than corporations making profits. As for investors they can forget to make blind profits from wall street. They will have to fund innovation rather than profit making by abusing law (read housing crisis).
alisa
01-27 11:25 AM
Man....
That will screw the ROW (where I am from) up like India.
I hope we can increase visa numbers for all instead. I will be soo soo sad if per country caps are removed without an increase in visa numbers. :(
(And you guys will be just a little little happier.) :)
I went back and reread the July 2001 Bulletin.
How difficult would it be to lobby for extending the same logic for removing per country cap ? I am sure removing 7% cap would definitely help.
Also since EB3 World has a cut off does it mean that no visas will be left from the world pool which can be recaptured ?
That will screw the ROW (where I am from) up like India.
I hope we can increase visa numbers for all instead. I will be soo soo sad if per country caps are removed without an increase in visa numbers. :(
(And you guys will be just a little little happier.) :)
I went back and reread the July 2001 Bulletin.
How difficult would it be to lobby for extending the same logic for removing per country cap ? I am sure removing 7% cap would definitely help.
Also since EB3 World has a cut off does it mean that no visas will be left from the world pool which can be recaptured ?
more...
feedfront
09-23 12:24 PM
Congrats Dude.. :)
Enjoy the freedom and keep supporting the immigration reform
Enjoy the freedom and keep supporting the immigration reform
2010 Gas Pump Girls
mirage
02-03 10:38 AM
I spoke to Congresswoman Zoe Logfren's staff few days, back and they specifically pointed out on the country quota issue. I'm sure lot of lawmakers are aware about this issue, I wan to give it a try, guys who think it is an unfair system, please PM me, this is my own initiative so no there is no arguement on whether IV supports this or not...
more...

ajthakur
07-14 05:17 PM
What options do I have now
hair gas pump girls
HV000
03-19 01:03 PM
Why not july 2006??
Well, atleast RIR/Pre PERM Backlog Applications can be processed. BPCs only closed in DEC 2007. So, some of them missed the Aug 07 deadline. I'm NOT against 2006 or 2007 applicants!
Well, atleast RIR/Pre PERM Backlog Applications can be processed. BPCs only closed in DEC 2007. So, some of them missed the Aug 07 deadline. I'm NOT against 2006 or 2007 applicants!
more...

gcisadawg
12-14 11:20 PM
kumar1,
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
hot Gas Pump Girls

tapukakababa
07-18 11:30 AM
I checked with someone who has hired Rajiv Khanna and they said the same thing to him. So far, they have not generated any rejection notice for any application filed on and after July 2nd. Since this came from Rajiv Khanna I would think that it's some what credible information.
We will just have to wait and see till our checks get cashed!
see my earlier post
We will just have to wait and see till our checks get cashed!
see my earlier post
more...
house sustainable biodiesel fuel
gcnirvana
08-03 02:55 PM
abhijitp,
Thanks for the update and good to know that we will get an RFE and not a rejection for our EVL.
But on (2), what if we already have an A# from our approved I-140? Is there any other way to know that our application has been accepted??
According to the person I spoke to:
1. I will be issued an RFE if my AOS packet did not contain the EVL
2. Once the A# is issued, that means the application has been accepted, so no outright rejection can happen, however RFEs can be issued at a later date.
Thanks for the update and good to know that we will get an RFE and not a rejection for our EVL.
But on (2), what if we already have an A# from our approved I-140? Is there any other way to know that our application has been accepted??
According to the person I spoke to:
1. I will be issued an RFE if my AOS packet did not contain the EVL
2. Once the A# is issued, that means the application has been accepted, so no outright rejection can happen, however RFEs can be issued at a later date.
tattoo Gas-pump-girls-dvd-70s-drive-

Jaime
09-10 02:54 PM
People are unjustly attacking your reputation - With the recent trend of attacking the H1-B visa program in regards to some consultancies exploiting it, every one of us is hurt. Even if that's the fault of just some employers, we, all of the employees of whichever company (not just consultancies) are affected, because the general public starts putting us on a par with illegals as far as lowering the country's overall quality of life, when we in fact enhance it!
more...
pictures gas pump girls. gas pump girls
crazyghoda
01-30 02:15 PM
Wow! Thanks a lot for posting such detailed RFE information. This really helps a lot in understanding what I may be asked.
My GC sponsoring employer revoked my H1 last year itself. I could see the change in status back then itself within a month of having left them. Nothing happenned after that. I got a new H1 from my (then) new employer and things continued as before. This employer has not yet revoked my H1 (from what I can see) and its probably because they are almost going under. There are less than 25 people left in the company so I doubt that they will have spent the money to go and revoke all the H1s of the folks they laid off.
Maybe its like someone suggested - USCIS is pre-processing my 485 based on received date since I mailed my app very early on in July 2007.
Hi had an RFE when my dates were not current. Here is the scan of my RFE notice.
Hope the scan helps you prepare in advance the necessary documentation.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEMine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEWife.jpg
I had discussed this in the following thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=296497#post296497
My *guess* is that the revoking of previous H1b has triggered this RFE --- When my wife's previous employer canceled her H1b it took a few months before her already approved h1b petition was reopened (as per USCIS online).
The suspense must be terrible!
Good luck.
My GC sponsoring employer revoked my H1 last year itself. I could see the change in status back then itself within a month of having left them. Nothing happenned after that. I got a new H1 from my (then) new employer and things continued as before. This employer has not yet revoked my H1 (from what I can see) and its probably because they are almost going under. There are less than 25 people left in the company so I doubt that they will have spent the money to go and revoke all the H1s of the folks they laid off.
Maybe its like someone suggested - USCIS is pre-processing my 485 based on received date since I mailed my app very early on in July 2007.
Hi had an RFE when my dates were not current. Here is the scan of my RFE notice.
Hope the scan helps you prepare in advance the necessary documentation.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEMine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEWife.jpg
I had discussed this in the following thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=296497#post296497
My *guess* is that the revoking of previous H1b has triggered this RFE --- When my wife's previous employer canceled her H1b it took a few months before her already approved h1b petition was reopened (as per USCIS online).
The suspense must be terrible!
Good luck.
dresses gas pump girls
chanduv23
09-28 02:36 PM
It's true that Europe can be a tough place, as can Canada or the U.S. to a newcomer. What is true about Europe is that it is a socialist place, salaries are lower, taxes are higher, racism is stronger, houses are smaller, yet you are also surrounded by beautiful places and there is a lot to do and see. It depends what type of person you are. Some Europeans hate Europe themselves and want to come to the U.S. as much or more than you did when you immigrated here. I'd say Europe is a good Plan B if all else fails here in America for you, and then you can always go back to India or China if you didn't like Europe.
Hopefully we don't need to get sucked in by the Reverse Brain Drain and we can help Congress help us, by changing the law, and retaining the high-skilled legal immigrants like us who are suffering and stuck in backlogs, and which is the only fair thing to do!
Jaime - you nailed it. People must concentrate on what they have to do. I started this thread for gettting a general perspective, because I seen articles about Blue Card and my dad also told me to look into it.
This thread has been very informative. Let folks keep blogging their prespectives
Hopefully we don't need to get sucked in by the Reverse Brain Drain and we can help Congress help us, by changing the law, and retaining the high-skilled legal immigrants like us who are suffering and stuck in backlogs, and which is the only fair thing to do!
Jaime - you nailed it. People must concentrate on what they have to do. I started this thread for gettting a general perspective, because I seen articles about Blue Card and my dad also told me to look into it.
This thread has been very informative. Let folks keep blogging their prespectives
more...
makeup gas pump girls. gas pump girls
walking_dude
09-19 01:07 PM
On the flight back I was watching LIES Dobbs on Communist Nativist Network...
Corrected.
On the flight back I was watching Lou Dobbs on CNN and they used a clipping from our rally and did a whole piece on illegal immigration without even mentioning the rally!! That is so typical of the media.
Corrected.
On the flight back I was watching Lou Dobbs on CNN and they used a clipping from our rally and did a whole piece on illegal immigration without even mentioning the rally!! That is so typical of the media.
girlfriend gas pump girls. gas pump
bheemi123
10-03 01:29 PM
I am on L1A visa with Company A & the I-94 was valid till September 10, 2007.
Company B has filed my H1B on April 20, 2007 & I received I797 notice dated May 17, 2007 with change of status from Oct 1, 2007.
In the meantime, Company A has filed an extention of status of L1A from September 10, 2007 on June 8, 2007. For which I received the I797 notice dated June 28, 2007.
I have few question
1. What is my status from Oct 1, 2007, as I did not joined the company B. I am not in a position to leave Company A till Nov 15, 2007. As the I797 for L1 extention was of the latter date, whether the law of last action will be applicable here & I can work for Company A on L1 till Nov 15, 2007
2. If I can work on L1, whether my H1B approval get cancelled automatically. Whether the company B have to file I129 & I539 for me.
3. If I am out of status what should I do. Do i have go back to my native country immediately & leave to idea to work in USA for ever or there is any other way.
i did exactly like you..
Only thing need you to do is u can be with l1 with current company until nov 15th after that..u can work for h1b company..but remember if u want to continue to work for company A forever means not going to use h1b ..then u have to leave the country and then enter the country on l1 visa....if u want to use h1b in nov then it is fine to work with l1...i did that ..and had visa stamps 2 times afterwards...there were no problems...
Company B has filed my H1B on April 20, 2007 & I received I797 notice dated May 17, 2007 with change of status from Oct 1, 2007.
In the meantime, Company A has filed an extention of status of L1A from September 10, 2007 on June 8, 2007. For which I received the I797 notice dated June 28, 2007.
I have few question
1. What is my status from Oct 1, 2007, as I did not joined the company B. I am not in a position to leave Company A till Nov 15, 2007. As the I797 for L1 extention was of the latter date, whether the law of last action will be applicable here & I can work for Company A on L1 till Nov 15, 2007
2. If I can work on L1, whether my H1B approval get cancelled automatically. Whether the company B have to file I129 & I539 for me.
3. If I am out of status what should I do. Do i have go back to my native country immediately & leave to idea to work in USA for ever or there is any other way.
i did exactly like you..
Only thing need you to do is u can be with l1 with current company until nov 15th after that..u can work for h1b company..but remember if u want to continue to work for company A forever means not going to use h1b ..then u have to leave the country and then enter the country on l1 visa....if u want to use h1b in nov then it is fine to work with l1...i did that ..and had visa stamps 2 times afterwards...there were no problems...
hairstyles gas pump girls. leslie king

pitha
06-12 02:42 PM
very well said, some people here say (or is it hope) that getting an amendment introduced and passed is as simple as buying a ticket to a movie. After all the shock treatment given to us by durbin, kyl, kennedy some people just want more shock treatment
it is very easy to say - support CIR and get our ammendments attached to CIR...we were not even able to put forth our ammdmt on the floor last time around....It is not as easy as 1-2-3 ...
SUpport BILL - Get Ammdt attached- Live happily ever after....
NUmber 2 above - Getting Ammddt attached - is next to impossible given the anti immigrant mood already persistant in senators (due to so many provisions for illegals) and also the Anti H1B lobbying thats been going on.
Remember we are always grouped with H1B folks, when it comes to GC
it is very easy to say - support CIR and get our ammendments attached to CIR...we were not even able to put forth our ammdmt on the floor last time around....It is not as easy as 1-2-3 ...
SUpport BILL - Get Ammdt attached- Live happily ever after....
NUmber 2 above - Getting Ammddt attached - is next to impossible given the anti immigrant mood already persistant in senators (due to so many provisions for illegals) and also the Anti H1B lobbying thats been going on.
Remember we are always grouped with H1B folks, when it comes to GC
amitjoey
02-15 02:22 PM
Well said. Now if one starts to take the true diversity into account, how many chinese and indians as percentage of current US population ? ANd how many from some prominent countries of Europe ? Just curious.
Exactly, And how many from South America? 30% of the population is going to be hispanic by 2050.
Exactly, And how many from South America? 30% of the population is going to be hispanic by 2050.
Abhinaym
08-11 10:13 AM
It's out now EB2 I and C are 08JAN05.
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
No comments:
Post a Comment