acecupid
05-26 04:49 PM
While on the way back from White Mountains in NH, our car was stopped on I-93 south by the US border patrol. They were stopping every single vehicle to question. They had over a dozen Govt vehicles with 40-50 people in uniform. My buddy was driving.
Officer : Sir what is your status in the US ?
Buddy: I am on L1 visa
I: H1B
buddy's wife: L2
my wife: H4
officer: is anyone US citizen ?
I: my son is (he was sitting in the car seat)
Officer: (to my buddy) Is your visa still valid ?
Buddy: yes
officer: do you have documents to prove your status?
buddy: i have some papers in my bag which in the the trunk
officer: can you show me?
(buddy got out showed him tax papers and answered some questions)
officer: did they not tell you you are supposed to carry your papers while travelling?
buddy: I came over a year ago so i don't remember
officer: I am letting you go, but i could have fined you $2000; $500 for each pasenger with no papers.
I was so pissed off by this experience, clearly they are doing this to harrase immigrants. theoratically even if I am going for a walk i am supposed to carry immigration papers because a border patrol officer, in theory, could asks me for my papers ?
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/immigration_Border_flyer.pdf
I have decided that if anyone ask me such a stupid question again inside the US and i am just going to remain silent even if that means they detain me for some time.
I think they let you off easy... sometimes they hassle immigrants a lot. I had one such experience close to the canadian border in northern minnesota. My friends and myself were asked to step out of the car at gun point and the whole car was searched inside out like a bomb squad. They detained us for 3 hrs since some of our papers were back in the hotel and couple of my friends had left their papers back home in wisconsin. They escorted us to the hotel, me driving the car and my friends locked up in the border security vehicle behind me. They checked my passport at the hotel and let my friends off with a strict warning.
Officer : Sir what is your status in the US ?
Buddy: I am on L1 visa
I: H1B
buddy's wife: L2
my wife: H4
officer: is anyone US citizen ?
I: my son is (he was sitting in the car seat)
Officer: (to my buddy) Is your visa still valid ?
Buddy: yes
officer: do you have documents to prove your status?
buddy: i have some papers in my bag which in the the trunk
officer: can you show me?
(buddy got out showed him tax papers and answered some questions)
officer: did they not tell you you are supposed to carry your papers while travelling?
buddy: I came over a year ago so i don't remember
officer: I am letting you go, but i could have fined you $2000; $500 for each pasenger with no papers.
I was so pissed off by this experience, clearly they are doing this to harrase immigrants. theoratically even if I am going for a walk i am supposed to carry immigration papers because a border patrol officer, in theory, could asks me for my papers ?
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/immigration_Border_flyer.pdf
I have decided that if anyone ask me such a stupid question again inside the US and i am just going to remain silent even if that means they detain me for some time.
I think they let you off easy... sometimes they hassle immigrants a lot. I had one such experience close to the canadian border in northern minnesota. My friends and myself were asked to step out of the car at gun point and the whole car was searched inside out like a bomb squad. They detained us for 3 hrs since some of our papers were back in the hotel and couple of my friends had left their papers back home in wisconsin. They escorted us to the hotel, me driving the car and my friends locked up in the border security vehicle behind me. They checked my passport at the hotel and let my friends off with a strict warning.
wallpaper Old Brick Background
gjoe
09-19 11:14 AM
Good work everybody , you guys have made this rally a great success.
I brought up this issue of standing out a legal immigrants in one of my posts, but most of them in the forum said they wanted to wear the IV T-Shirt.
I can help with things to do with psychology or mass communication, please feel free to contact me through PM if you need my services. I am not a trained professional but it is my hobby since a long time.
QUOTE=gjoe;157591]I would agree with idea of dressing professionally. We need not carry laptops and stuff like that but a neat formal dress would send out a clearer and bolder message about skilled immigrants.
We are a small crowd ( legal immigrants) we have to differentiate ourselves, the least we can do is dress formally. Formal dressd, organized and well behaved crowd will garner lot of attention (the right kind) and serve the purpose (of the rally).
Thanks,
PS: All this advice is based on my knowledge about human mind and social psychology.[/QUOTE]
First, I would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to the success of the DC rally on Sep 18, 2007...
I was there and I am proud of our ImmigrationVoice members for this FANTASTIC effort!
We are just starting and taking baby steps with these kind of activities...So, anything I mention below is not a critic, but a humble feedback/opinion...Please don't get offended.
1. We must immediately change our name to LegalImmigrationVoice.org( LIV.org)...But still Immigrationvoice.org should work....This should be done ASAP...like within next week...Please conduct a poll for this ASAP.
2. We must/should always wear formal suits for these kind of rally....this would definitely give us a very high status and definitely there will not be any confusion if the rally is by legal or illegal immigrants. Even if it is hot summer, we must stick to this dress code...
3. In all the signs we had today, we need to have one line clearly in bold as "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" - bold and clear..
Also, all our T-shirts should have
"Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" in the back
4. One of the rally participants told me that a guide was telling a tourists bus passengers quote "these folks are illegal immigrants...", the rally participant who heard this went to the guide and explained that we are legal immigrants...if you think the guide is not smart enough to read our signs and understand that we are legal immigrants, read next point...
5. On the rally route, one gentleman, who was dressed in suit, looked well educated came up to me and asked what we are concerned about...I told him that green card process for Legal Immigrants is taking between 5-10 years and we are requesting to expedite it.....so it is clear that all our signs need this text at the bottom "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants"
We cannot be perfect the first or second time....Lets learn from this rally....
A pat in the back to all those who attended the rally....
Good Luck
I brought up this issue of standing out a legal immigrants in one of my posts, but most of them in the forum said they wanted to wear the IV T-Shirt.
I can help with things to do with psychology or mass communication, please feel free to contact me through PM if you need my services. I am not a trained professional but it is my hobby since a long time.
QUOTE=gjoe;157591]I would agree with idea of dressing professionally. We need not carry laptops and stuff like that but a neat formal dress would send out a clearer and bolder message about skilled immigrants.
We are a small crowd ( legal immigrants) we have to differentiate ourselves, the least we can do is dress formally. Formal dressd, organized and well behaved crowd will garner lot of attention (the right kind) and serve the purpose (of the rally).
Thanks,
PS: All this advice is based on my knowledge about human mind and social psychology.[/QUOTE]
First, I would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to the success of the DC rally on Sep 18, 2007...
I was there and I am proud of our ImmigrationVoice members for this FANTASTIC effort!
We are just starting and taking baby steps with these kind of activities...So, anything I mention below is not a critic, but a humble feedback/opinion...Please don't get offended.
1. We must immediately change our name to LegalImmigrationVoice.org( LIV.org)...But still Immigrationvoice.org should work....This should be done ASAP...like within next week...Please conduct a poll for this ASAP.
2. We must/should always wear formal suits for these kind of rally....this would definitely give us a very high status and definitely there will not be any confusion if the rally is by legal or illegal immigrants. Even if it is hot summer, we must stick to this dress code...
3. In all the signs we had today, we need to have one line clearly in bold as "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" - bold and clear..
Also, all our T-shirts should have
"Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants" in the back
4. One of the rally participants told me that a guide was telling a tourists bus passengers quote "these folks are illegal immigrants...", the rally participant who heard this went to the guide and explained that we are legal immigrants...if you think the guide is not smart enough to read our signs and understand that we are legal immigrants, read next point...
5. On the rally route, one gentleman, who was dressed in suit, looked well educated came up to me and asked what we are concerned about...I told him that green card process for Legal Immigrants is taking between 5-10 years and we are requesting to expedite it.....so it is clear that all our signs need this text at the bottom "Legal Immigrants - LegalImmigrationVoice.com - Faster Green cards for Legal highly skilled Immigrants"
We cannot be perfect the first or second time....Lets learn from this rally....
A pat in the back to all those who attended the rally....
Good Luck
deafTunes123
04-25 10:20 AM
congratulations eb2 june 2003
2011 Famous and rick wallpaper
vivekm1309
06-12 10:04 AM
Here is a link ...that does talk about issues related to legal immigration ...IV is also mentioned in this article
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/world/06_2007/bush-gives-indian-immigrants-hope-42746.html
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/world/06_2007/bush-gives-indian-immigrants-hope-42746.html
more...
tnite
08-15 04:39 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3761.html
Not bad for EB2 India/China ,the dates are the same as june bulletin
Not bad for EB2 India/China ,the dates are the same as june bulletin
gsc999
09-11 04:25 PM
It is amazing to see so much positive energy.
I am from California and more than forty people are flying. Some people are making plans at the last moment to go. So there will more.
Guys this is not the time to think it is time to act.
Put DC rally on top of your agenda rest of the things can probably wait and you know it. Don't loose this historic moment to make a difference. IV probably won't be organizing such an event any time soon.
Come to DC, yes and make a difference. You are important and let no one take you for granted anymore.
I am from California and more than forty people are flying. Some people are making plans at the last moment to go. So there will more.
Guys this is not the time to think it is time to act.
Put DC rally on top of your agenda rest of the things can probably wait and you know it. Don't loose this historic moment to make a difference. IV probably won't be organizing such an event any time soon.
Come to DC, yes and make a difference. You are important and let no one take you for granted anymore.
more...
Green.Tech
03-03 03:56 PM
Consider this:
Even though IV has 25000 "registered" members. There are only 400-500 visitors. The same people visit the site often. The number of visit dramatically increase if there are newsworthy events affecting everyone is happening.
So the sample size is NOT 25K but around 500, based on the daily visits.
This of course is not a whole lot but Idea is not be statistically correct but to feed newsworthy information and here are the facts.
a) 1 MM people in the line for EB green card
b) All of them highly skilled with at least bachelors
c) Average income 75K +
d) Average family size: Slightly more than 2 .
e) Life Dream : The American Dream
f) Bottleneck to the life dream : The long ,excruciating backlogs.
How about another option for people who are going to buy shortly even though their GC approval is far far away?
Even though IV has 25000 "registered" members. There are only 400-500 visitors. The same people visit the site often. The number of visit dramatically increase if there are newsworthy events affecting everyone is happening.
So the sample size is NOT 25K but around 500, based on the daily visits.
This of course is not a whole lot but Idea is not be statistically correct but to feed newsworthy information and here are the facts.
a) 1 MM people in the line for EB green card
b) All of them highly skilled with at least bachelors
c) Average income 75K +
d) Average family size: Slightly more than 2 .
e) Life Dream : The American Dream
f) Bottleneck to the life dream : The long ,excruciating backlogs.
How about another option for people who are going to buy shortly even though their GC approval is far far away?
2010 White Brick Club Chair
seeker999
08-11 03:11 PM
Based on the members in competeamerica . I honestly believe they will give a damn about GC. Simple reason is they will loose their reigns on us.
More practical is someone in IV EB3 talk to some lobbyist or politcians and figureout how to push this. Especially the ones in DC.
More practical is someone in IV EB3 talk to some lobbyist or politcians and figureout how to push this. Especially the ones in DC.
more...
sameer2730
03-12 11:23 AM
First of all I don't know who sachbole is ?
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embrassaning discovery of its exact value to your listeners!"
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embrassaning discovery of its exact value to your listeners!"
hair Brick Wallpaper at 800x600
pappu
06-14 08:47 AM
/\/\/
more...
gc28262
08-11 05:21 PM
Guys,
I have thought of one more idea..
We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).
And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.
Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front
Anyone having the facts and numbers of 245(i)?
This will need a legislative change.
I have some information about 245(I) here EbImmigrationReference (http://ebimmigrationreference.blogspot.com/)
I have thought of one more idea..
We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).
And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.
Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front
Anyone having the facts and numbers of 245(i)?
This will need a legislative change.
I have some information about 245(I) here EbImmigrationReference (http://ebimmigrationreference.blogspot.com/)
hot has a nice rick-red-color
sachug22
06-08 05:57 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4512.html
No change compared to June 2009 except that China EB2 has moved back to Jan 2000.
No change compared to June 2009 except that China EB2 has moved back to Jan 2000.
more...
house Faux Brick Wallpaper. faux
actaccord
02-16 11:57 AM
has metro access. Baltimore has MARC but it won't be that frequent and cost effective.
Which airport should members be looking to book the tickets to? Baltimore, Dulles or Reagan? Which is the closest to the Capitol Hill or which airport has the easy public transportation access to Capitol Hill. I would like to go ahead and buy the air tickets.
Thanks.
Which airport should members be looking to book the tickets to? Baltimore, Dulles or Reagan? Which is the closest to the Capitol Hill or which airport has the easy public transportation access to Capitol Hill. I would like to go ahead and buy the air tickets.
Thanks.
tattoo FAUX BRICK WALLPAPER, TAN amp;
perm2gc
12-27 12:34 AM
One More
http://www.chicagosamachar.com/default.php?ad_id=9049
http://www.chicagosamachar.com/default.php?ad_id=9049
more...
pictures -rick-character-wallpaper

pv2715
07-12 06:41 PM
That may not be true. I had read somewhere (in this forum) that DOS sets up cut-off dates as 01, 08, 14, and 22, and 01 includes from 1st to 7th, 08 includes 8th to 13th, and so on and so forth.
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
Come August 1st, who knows, (strange are the ways USCIS works) his file may be the first one to be picked up and approved before those of March 05 guys, some of whom are still waiting, like Pitha etal.
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
dresses Brick wallpaper Image
yabadaba
07-24 02:15 PM
jc menon...have u ever taken a law class? do u have a jd? why are u then so adamant on thinking u "found" the loophole?
we are not stupid morons over here. Neither is the AILA/millions of lawyers that are associated with immigration law. Please for heaven sake dont start now about some conspiracy theory about immigration lawyers having a preference for backlog.
there is no loophole, there is no precedent and by emailing the director with a moronic question will only show that probably that we have morons stuck in retrogression and probably we deserve to be stuck.
we are not stupid morons over here. Neither is the AILA/millions of lawyers that are associated with immigration law. Please for heaven sake dont start now about some conspiracy theory about immigration lawyers having a preference for backlog.
there is no loophole, there is no precedent and by emailing the director with a moronic question will only show that probably that we have morons stuck in retrogression and probably we deserve to be stuck.
more...
makeup faux rick wallpaper.
ps57002
09-19 03:44 PM
For next rally...slogan
Legal vs Illegal Immigration
Do YOU know the difference?
or
Legal vs. Illegal Immigration
Know the difference...
This is to prompt people's curiosity that there is a difference in the two and to have them educate themselves. Otherwise as said, all "immigration" to most people means "illegal immigration".
Legal vs Illegal Immigration
Do YOU know the difference?
or
Legal vs. Illegal Immigration
Know the difference...
This is to prompt people's curiosity that there is a difference in the two and to have them educate themselves. Otherwise as said, all "immigration" to most people means "illegal immigration".
girlfriend love a rick nata white
chicago60607
09-10 10:53 PM
The above post quoting the Siskind's blog concurs with what I was told.
Hey Yall,
I just called the House Judiciary Committee to inquire about the webcast link not working and the reason sited was that "thats due to the hearing postponed until tomorrow".
So, no more hearing for the day and it resumes tomorrow. I did forget to ask for what time it starts, may be someone else can check on it.
Hey Yall,
I just called the House Judiciary Committee to inquire about the webcast link not working and the reason sited was that "thats due to the hearing postponed until tomorrow".
So, no more hearing for the day and it resumes tomorrow. I did forget to ask for what time it starts, may be someone else can check on it.
hairstyles rick Brick+wallpaper+room
pmb76
03-15 09:48 PM
yup........i wish everyone who used substitute labor, or interfiled EB3 to EB2 should not get their green cards for about 10 more years. May they be screwed by their (mostly) desi (mostly) IT-Software employers.........they deserve every single bit of misfortune for F*$#ING up the chances for every honest EB filer, who patiently waits in the RIGHT queue.
As far as i am concerned, such people can go to hell.........and i wish they do!!!
:)
I agree with you completely ! I wish and pray Interfilers and labor substitution applicants rot in hell.
As far as i am concerned, such people can go to hell.........and i wish they do!!!
:)
I agree with you completely ! I wish and pray Interfilers and labor substitution applicants rot in hell.
pappu
05-07 11:25 AM
I saw couple of them last week, now I searching, searching and searching, not able to see donor forums on updates except one that says "start of the donor forums".
Is there a link that shows all donor forums...
Looks like you contributed few minutes ago. You should be able to see the forums by tomorrow once we enter you in the system tonight.
On http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php
you will see he 'donor forum' area as the first forum catagory once your status changes from member to donor.
Is there a link that shows all donor forums...
Looks like you contributed few minutes ago. You should be able to see the forums by tomorrow once we enter you in the system tonight.
On http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php
you will see he 'donor forum' area as the first forum catagory once your status changes from member to donor.
acecupid
08-13 04:12 PM
D. VISA AVAILABILITY FOR OCTOBER
The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are �unavailable� for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September.
Does this mean entire EB3 category will be retrogressed in Oct or Mexico has a separate category?
The Mexico F2A and Employment Third preference cut-off dates are �unavailable� for both August and September, since those FY-2008 annual limits have been reached. The Visa Office had originally anticipated that this would be a temporary situation. Then with the start of the new fiscal year in October the cut-off dates would have returned to those which had applied during June. However, continued heavy demand in those categories may require the establishment of cut-off dates which are earlier than those which had applied in June. A formal decision determination of the October cut-off dates will not be possible until early September.
Does this mean entire EB3 category will be retrogressed in Oct or Mexico has a separate category?
No comments:
Post a Comment