dr_vroeg
06-08 12:15 PM
@ben, sorry for the spam....and this spam :crying:
wallpaper Ansel Adams (U.S.

smisachu
07-30 02:08 PM
for options trading...is there any site you will suggest which provides daily alerts???
Many sites. What kind of alerts are you looking for? Vols? Greeks? You can also customize most of the alerts depending on spreads you might be trading. This is possible even in simple option accounts with Level 4 approval.
Many sites. What kind of alerts are you looking for? Vols? Greeks? You can also customize most of the alerts depending on spreads you might be trading. This is possible even in simple option accounts with Level 4 approval.
purplehazea
05-24 02:45 PM
What we are seeing and hearing in congress is the overwhelming ignorance and lack of understanding of the contributions made by H1B and GC aspirants to the US economy. There is the wise saying that "Everything happens for a good reason". We have been trying so hard for last 2-3 years to make these politicians realize and to make corporate America realize that they need to do something about our problems because of our value proposition. Apparently all these calls have only backfired and caused the anti-immigrationists to lobby even harder and pull the strings of politicians to make them do as they please. Whether we like it or not, unless the raw brunt of a mass exodus of educated work force is not felt by this country, there is no way for them to understand how wrong they are. EB category has never had loyal support. All of the corporate america support has rested on the need for H1B. We have been abused by this system and forced to feel that we have abused this system. I think we have been told in a million ways by now that we need to find a Plan B. I feel bad yet no remorse for the thousands of H1Bs who do nothing to support the cause of organizations like IV. As someone once said, most of them are very laid back and will not worry about the problems untill someone tells them to buy their return tickets back home. We are very happy with eating samosa and tea and do not have the perspective to realize what threats lie on the horizon. I say this based on actual conversations with some of these people who literally scoff at me and think I am off my rocker when I discuss the repurcussions of no reforms. Like the prehistoric animals who did nothing to adapt in the full view of changing environmental conditions, these laid back folks will realize only too late.
2011 L3PhotoDanG: Ansel Adams
snathan
01-17 12:08 PM
Generally there are lots of people getting affected. But there is no one to lead the fight. I am sure once we start people will come and join. I am in the process of contacting the attorneys and consulting companies to fight together. I am also hoping for IV core to come forward and give us direction on this. I am ready to lead and fight. Are you ready to join me. We ARE FIGHTING FOR US.
more...
Tito_ortiz
01-15 07:20 PM
Bush tried really hard. I believe there is no complaint about Bush when it comes to immigration. He earned that credit.
I have just seen this in CNN, is Bush talking about legal immigration?
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/15/bush.legacy/index.html
I have just seen this in CNN, is Bush talking about legal immigration?
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/15/bush.legacy/index.html
RoseDenver
07-18 12:00 PM
Hello,
I am new to IV and am just starting to read some of the blogs. I figured I could use some advice from you all since I'm at a point of giving up hopes. I am on H-1B visa through my employment at a university (as a Professional Research Assistant), but working at a non-profit organization (NPO) who funds a research project between the two entities. My H visa is reaching its max of 6 years in Jul 2008. The NPO would like to keep me beyond that and I've told them about the PR petition. THe problem is my position will be based on funding availability, in which they could guarantee employment until Mar 2008, and are working towards raising more funding beyond that period. Is the NPO still able to file a PR petition for me? What about the "ability to pay" which they use to hold back on pursuing the petition?
Thank you all for your inputs.
I am new to IV and am just starting to read some of the blogs. I figured I could use some advice from you all since I'm at a point of giving up hopes. I am on H-1B visa through my employment at a university (as a Professional Research Assistant), but working at a non-profit organization (NPO) who funds a research project between the two entities. My H visa is reaching its max of 6 years in Jul 2008. The NPO would like to keep me beyond that and I've told them about the PR petition. THe problem is my position will be based on funding availability, in which they could guarantee employment until Mar 2008, and are working towards raising more funding beyond that period. Is the NPO still able to file a PR petition for me? What about the "ability to pay" which they use to hold back on pursuing the petition?
Thank you all for your inputs.
more...
SGP
04-04 05:10 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$GOOD MORNING GC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Deadline = April 30th, 2011
Goal = 5000 votes on survey (see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
Actions - 1) Vote on survey.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted�,
3)Print/Circulate Fliers and spread FB, wiki link (see "support thread")
Dear IV Members,
If you believe that your success depends on your immigration process - whether it's the ability to file I-485 earlier or to get green-card and citizenship sooner or whether it's the ability of your spouse to work - then you have to believe that your success somehow depends on the success of Immigration voice and these 170 volunteers in DC next week.
As you may know, we are just one more week away from hosting Advocacy day in Washington DC where about 170 members of Immigration Voice will conduct nearly 250 meetings with offices of Senators and Congressmen. Such events cost money. If we have enough contributions, we can spend as per our budget of nearly $ 50,000. If not, we will have to cut back on the event spending and reduce the magnitude and size of the event.
If you are not coming to DC next week, please do your part and contribute funds to Immigration Voice. It not only finances the event properly, it instills pride and confidence in the members who will be there in DC that there are thousands of willing supporters behind them who could not be there physically but are 100% with them in their determination and resolve.
For background click here -> Announcement about April 2011 Advocacy Days (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1901186-action-item-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-in-april-2011-a.html#post2301599)
Contribute to Advocacy Event on the Capitol Hill (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44#onetimepaypal) (All one-time contributions will go towards organizing the Advocacy Days event)
Deadline = April 30th, 2011
Goal = 5000 votes on survey (see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
Actions - 1) Vote on survey.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted�,
3)Print/Circulate Fliers and spread FB, wiki link (see "support thread")
Dear IV Members,
If you believe that your success depends on your immigration process - whether it's the ability to file I-485 earlier or to get green-card and citizenship sooner or whether it's the ability of your spouse to work - then you have to believe that your success somehow depends on the success of Immigration voice and these 170 volunteers in DC next week.
As you may know, we are just one more week away from hosting Advocacy day in Washington DC where about 170 members of Immigration Voice will conduct nearly 250 meetings with offices of Senators and Congressmen. Such events cost money. If we have enough contributions, we can spend as per our budget of nearly $ 50,000. If not, we will have to cut back on the event spending and reduce the magnitude and size of the event.
If you are not coming to DC next week, please do your part and contribute funds to Immigration Voice. It not only finances the event properly, it instills pride and confidence in the members who will be there in DC that there are thousands of willing supporters behind them who could not be there physically but are 100% with them in their determination and resolve.
For background click here -> Announcement about April 2011 Advocacy Days (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1901186-action-item-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-in-april-2011-a.html#post2301599)
Contribute to Advocacy Event on the Capitol Hill (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44#onetimepaypal) (All one-time contributions will go towards organizing the Advocacy Days event)
2010 portrait ansel adams
belmontboy
04-20 02:49 PM
so you are agreeing with all the bs which getgreensoon1 is saying
man you guys need to grow up
ignore :D
man you guys need to grow up
ignore :D
more...
leoindiano
09-17 01:15 PM
If congress approves it, 70% of the battle is over.
hair I enjoy this quote about Adams
humdesi
01-31 02:58 AM
Labor subst is not the real problem; atleast it looks like a small problem now compared to the other one - people jumping from EB3 to EB2 with PD intact. I don't know if this is possible. But if possible, expect HUGE retrogression for EB2 india. I suspect it'll go back to sometime in 2001 - and stay there forever. Indians with PD 2003 or later, even EB2, can kiss their greencard dreams goodbye.
more...

diptam
07-16 12:39 AM
Yes - i see my signature and comments now.
Guys - come forward and sign this...
Thanks,
Diptam
I'm the petition owner.
Guys - come forward and sign this...
Thanks,
Diptam
I'm the petition owner.
hot of Ansel Adams#39;
gk_2000
04-22 07:48 PM
Hey forever,
What is this lawsuit? Do you have info?
It was about why more visas were given to EB-I and less to EB-C. Nothing to do with present debate
What is this lawsuit? Do you have info?
It was about why more visas were given to EB-I and less to EB-C. Nothing to do with present debate
more...
house Ansel Adams
Macaca
02-15 01:47 PM
I am responding to some issues raised in the closed thread All big talks about Feb 15th relief (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3275). I feel that these issues need to be addressed.
tattoo Ansel ADAMS - Jeffrey Pine
number30
05-08 07:14 PM
Congrats DESI
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
Yes that is the one reason. Moreover i can get the Indian citizenship back by staying in India for 5 years on OCI card or PIO card. It is that simple. But Once i go back to India coming here is big problem. So I planned to take USC and Do an R2I later whenever i need or I want.
This week i became an USC after 9 years of stay in US. I can retain USC and stay in India. Came to US in 2000. Applied GC in 2002 Jan got the green card 2003 December with EB3
funny thing is While starting the Interview officer said " Oh you are a new immigrant" . I said I am here since year 2000. Officer replied you have just completed 5 years on Green card.
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
Yes that is the one reason. Moreover i can get the Indian citizenship back by staying in India for 5 years on OCI card or PIO card. It is that simple. But Once i go back to India coming here is big problem. So I planned to take USC and Do an R2I later whenever i need or I want.
This week i became an USC after 9 years of stay in US. I can retain USC and stay in India. Came to US in 2000. Applied GC in 2002 Jan got the green card 2003 December with EB3
funny thing is While starting the Interview officer said " Oh you are a new immigrant" . I said I am here since year 2000. Officer replied you have just completed 5 years on Green card.
more...
pictures Ansel Adams Exhibition — News
rajuseattle
04-22 10:43 AM
Employment based VISA numbers should not have country quotas, it is purely based on individual talents and skills when one gets selected for the Job and Green card sponsorship.
Lets say they have quota system to avoid the concentration of 1 country, then they should have some flexibility to adjust the country quotas based on the backlog too, certain % of EB numbers goes to clear the backlogs each year, that way everyone will remain at about the same level of retrogression, EB-2 RoW current and EB-2 India @ 2006 level and on the same line EB-3 RoW @ 2005 and EB-3 India @ 2002 level is ridiculous and just plain insane. This is like a punishment to People who are born in certain countries and no matter how talent and skills the individual have, the law is punishing him/her or rather discriminating him/her based on country of BIRTH.
Lets say they have quota system to avoid the concentration of 1 country, then they should have some flexibility to adjust the country quotas based on the backlog too, certain % of EB numbers goes to clear the backlogs each year, that way everyone will remain at about the same level of retrogression, EB-2 RoW current and EB-2 India @ 2006 level and on the same line EB-3 RoW @ 2005 and EB-3 India @ 2002 level is ridiculous and just plain insane. This is like a punishment to People who are born in certain countries and no matter how talent and skills the individual have, the law is punishing him/her or rather discriminating him/her based on country of BIRTH.
dresses Ansel Adams, Mono Lake
mrjonie
05-04 09:47 PM
mine belongs to NSC..I read in another thread that the FP will expire every 15 months and that may be the reason why most of the July filers are getting FP notice again...
more...
makeup Ansel Adams and Clyde Butcher
WeShallOvercome
11-06 04:00 PM
I see only one problem in this logic! Many cases I know of, at least from the 2007 H1B fiasco, paid for the H1Bs through consulting companies FROM THEIR POCKETS. So to answer your question as to why companies would spend $5000 in anticipation, is that they don't. They take it from the applicant. (again I am not saying all do, but there are abusive companies that do).
No cap on visa numbers will never fly... No political environment will be conducive to bringing in unlimited foreign workers without any restrictions. L1 has no caps because it is very difficult to qualify for an L1 visa, as far as I know. If caps in H1 are removed, you can bet there will be severe restrictions imposed on other aspects of the program.
That's right. I personally know people who have been asked to pay INR 250K (About $6K) to get their H1B done. So the companies have nothing to lose. They just want to have an upper hand with readily available supply of H1B workers if and when an American client is looking for a consultant.
They do this without spending a penny from their pocket and sometimes even make profit just by sponsoring H1Bs for people in India.
As a result, genuine visa seekers are denied a chance to get in and start working right away.
No cap on visa numbers will never fly... No political environment will be conducive to bringing in unlimited foreign workers without any restrictions. L1 has no caps because it is very difficult to qualify for an L1 visa, as far as I know. If caps in H1 are removed, you can bet there will be severe restrictions imposed on other aspects of the program.
That's right. I personally know people who have been asked to pay INR 250K (About $6K) to get their H1B done. So the companies have nothing to lose. They just want to have an upper hand with readily available supply of H1B workers if and when an American client is looking for a consultant.
They do this without spending a penny from their pocket and sometimes even make profit just by sponsoring H1Bs for people in India.
As a result, genuine visa seekers are denied a chance to get in and start working right away.
girlfriend ansel adams wallpapers

Hope_GC
07-17 04:22 PM
Lets take one step at a time.
Nobody said we are done.
The Current news is a great achievement by IV Core.
Dream act is for illegals only.
We should not rest with the ability to apply for the EAD and AP. I bet you you will realize its no good in near future.May be your spouse can work. But it is very frustrating.
AOS is gray area... some thing must be done to fix this waiting time
Nobody said we are done.
The Current news is a great achievement by IV Core.
Dream act is for illegals only.
We should not rest with the ability to apply for the EAD and AP. I bet you you will realize its no good in near future.May be your spouse can work. But it is very frustrating.
AOS is gray area... some thing must be done to fix this waiting time
hairstyles Ansel Adams

shfence
06-05 04:02 PM
BOKKE WINS!
Yesss.. bokke
edit: where the f()ck is holland?
Yesss.. bokke
edit: where the f()ck is holland?
perm2gc
05-24 09:42 PM
Guys,
Can we lobby to add an ammendum to pay huge penalities($50K) when all the current GC holders apply for Citizenships.
-Mad
We are not illegals to pay fines.
Can we lobby to add an ammendum to pay huge penalities($50K) when all the current GC holders apply for Citizenships.
-Mad
We are not illegals to pay fines.
eb3_nepa
04-18 09:22 AM
Considering that there are more than 2000 members who havent contributed yet. Even $10 per member wud mean $20K straight away. Common guys, this is tax refund season. Surely we can all send in atleast between $10 and $20. That is cheap change considering most of our life styles. Internet access costs more than that, Filling your car with a tank of regular gas costs more than that. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment