Abhinaym
08-11 10:13 AM
It's out now EB2 I and C are 08JAN05.
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
wallpaper 56 F100 Ford
vkrishn
07-16 11:32 AM
Don't know about his company...but the attorney definitely must be quite rich with all the legal charges :D
Its all about investing in the employee and has worked so far. ROI to the company is huge if the employee is taken care of (atleast on immigration issues). Employee can just concentrate on getting the job done and making sure the best products come out of the door on time to the end user making the company profitable.
My take: Money they spend on immigration issues (Law Firm, Renewals) should be peanuts to the profit the company makes.
Its all about investing in the employee and has worked so far. ROI to the company is huge if the employee is taken care of (atleast on immigration issues). Employee can just concentrate on getting the job done and making sure the best products come out of the door on time to the end user making the company profitable.
My take: Money they spend on immigration issues (Law Firm, Renewals) should be peanuts to the profit the company makes.
desi3933
02-11 12:03 PM
The visa numbers reported as used for FY 2009 is 141,020 from http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09...ort_TableV.pdf
This was the response i got from Ron Gotcher.
"The employment based category is entitled to use the "unused" family based numbers from the previous year. Last year, the quota for EB was the base of 140,000, plus another 13,000 shifted over from FB. Unfortunately, the CIS failed once again to approve enough cases to use up the entire available quota."
If this is true, we have lost a lot of visas last year.
Now with aprox. 10,000 visas shifted from FB, we should hope they use about 150,000 (140,000 + 10,000) this year.
Is there a way to confirm this? We got to do something to resolve this problem
As per this link
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY08-AR-TableV.pdf
Page 6, the total number of family based visas (that are subject to numerical limitations) is 226,105. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. So, family based visa numbers were fully used.
So where is 13,000 unused family numbers for FY2008 that should have been available for employment based visa numbers for FY2009?
__________________
Not a legal advice.
This was the response i got from Ron Gotcher.
"The employment based category is entitled to use the "unused" family based numbers from the previous year. Last year, the quota for EB was the base of 140,000, plus another 13,000 shifted over from FB. Unfortunately, the CIS failed once again to approve enough cases to use up the entire available quota."
If this is true, we have lost a lot of visas last year.
Now with aprox. 10,000 visas shifted from FB, we should hope they use about 150,000 (140,000 + 10,000) this year.
Is there a way to confirm this? We got to do something to resolve this problem
As per this link
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY08-AR-TableV.pdf
Page 6, the total number of family based visas (that are subject to numerical limitations) is 226,105. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. So, family based visa numbers were fully used.
So where is 13,000 unused family numbers for FY2008 that should have been available for employment based visa numbers for FY2009?
__________________
Not a legal advice.
2011 1956 Ford F100 - 401(K)ustom
sprash
01-30 01:51 PM
Hi had an RFE when my dates were not current. Here is the scan of my RFE notice.
Hope the scan helps you prepare in advance the necessary documentation.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEMine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEWife.jpg
I had discussed this in the following thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=296497#post296497
My *guess* is that the revoking of previous H1b has triggered this RFE --- When my wife's previous employer canceled her H1b it took a few months before her already approved h1b petition was reopened (as per USCIS online).
The suspense must be terrible!
Good luck.
Hope the scan helps you prepare in advance the necessary documentation.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEMine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEWife.jpg
I had discussed this in the following thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=296497#post296497
My *guess* is that the revoking of previous H1b has triggered this RFE --- When my wife's previous employer canceled her H1b it took a few months before her already approved h1b petition was reopened (as per USCIS online).
The suspense must be terrible!
Good luck.
more...
ilikekilo
01-18 07:54 PM
traffiic cop....i am not sure about that....you always have the right to remain silent ans ask whether u r free to go...period...
gimmeacard
07-13 02:51 PM
I am current now (PD: Feb 16th,06) and last time when i was current in 2008 for a month i got an RFE. Even though the attorney replied to the RFE in 3 days, all my case status shows is RFE response received.
Ours is a big company and close 2000 people applied for 485 during the July 2007 fiasco and we were asked to send the G28 forms to the attorney by mail with no signature reqd. Apparently almost every got an RFE for that.
I wish i could get to know if RFE was all taken care of and my case is pending for a VISA number. Any way to know if thats the case gurus?
are you with cisco? i am from there
Ours is a big company and close 2000 people applied for 485 during the July 2007 fiasco and we were asked to send the G28 forms to the attorney by mail with no signature reqd. Apparently almost every got an RFE for that.
I wish i could get to know if RFE was all taken care of and my case is pending for a VISA number. Any way to know if thats the case gurus?
are you with cisco? i am from there
more...
waitnwatch
07-28 04:16 PM
Admin Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Closeee this Threadddddd
Why do you need to close the thread............It appears to be the greatest stressbuster currently available on IV:D
Why do you need to close the thread............It appears to be the greatest stressbuster currently available on IV:D
2010 1956 Ford F100
abd
09-23 09:47 AM
Just when i was wondering that we will have to wait till OCt 1 when new visa are avialable... I saw your message... If i was you i will wait too for next 5/6 days you have till oct to respond.
Does that mean there is still hope that we may see some activity on the cases who have responsed to RFEs or we have to wait till OCt 1 Chewing our nails?
Does that mean there is still hope that we may see some activity on the cases who have responsed to RFEs or we have to wait till OCt 1 Chewing our nails?
more...
GCHPLC
10-31 03:14 PM
It is EB3 India vote, is it right? I can't place my vote if I am from another country...
hair 1956 Ford F-100 - Full Noise
vamsi_poondla
09-26 02:40 PM
Check it out
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
more...
sidbee
03-12 10:20 AM
IV needs to OPEN ITS BOOKS
And show DONORS where their money is going? Where is the sponsors money going? and what is this ORGANIZATION planning to do. IF not, one these days they will find themselves in a audit and public scrutiny.
Any yes people who says open your eyes? Have you got your GC? EAD is only a means and not the destination
PAPU, you need to explain to all IV members and disclose the books and what you are doing as IV head, and dont give me the bull, of we are working, you want our support, we want clarity and real action.
If this happens, i would like to donate to IV.
I cannot trust anyone blindly, thats my problem.
And show DONORS where their money is going? Where is the sponsors money going? and what is this ORGANIZATION planning to do. IF not, one these days they will find themselves in a audit and public scrutiny.
Any yes people who says open your eyes? Have you got your GC? EAD is only a means and not the destination
PAPU, you need to explain to all IV members and disclose the books and what you are doing as IV head, and dont give me the bull, of we are working, you want our support, we want clarity and real action.
If this happens, i would like to donate to IV.
I cannot trust anyone blindly, thats my problem.
hot 1956 Ford F100 Stepside
justAnotherFile
12-30 07:18 PM
...
Also posted on yahoo groups page.
Also posted on yahoo groups page.
more...
house Pro-Line #39;56 Ford F-100
jetguy777
03-09 12:53 PM
by the way shusterman predicted ROW will retrogress in his blog found at shusterman.com there was also an IV post about this (abbout somethin like shusterman got a call from clinton or something)..........
so what happened to the quareterly spill over ???????????
Last year's April visa bulletin contained the following note:
D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
"Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual �per-country� limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially. "
At the risk of stating the obvious there was not any spillover this month but there is hope that we may see spillover in future months.
so what happened to the quareterly spill over ???????????
Last year's April visa bulletin contained the following note:
D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
"Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual �per-country� limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially. "
At the risk of stating the obvious there was not any spillover this month but there is hope that we may see spillover in future months.
tattoo 56 f100 pictures; James
gimme_GC2006
04-07 06:45 PM
first of all cut this BS. citizens and GC holders have different queues at POE and all visa people have different queues.how the hell ur friends heard the officers questions.do they have snake ears or what.use ur common sense.
i came recently on march 20th and how come i did not see when there were 50 desis in the visa's queues.stop these rumours.
i went to sbi when i was in india. that sbi manager came to know this and he was telling about that.i thought it might be a rumour but it still gave me couple of sleepless nights.see how fast this BS is spreading.
Well..you cut your BS first..just because Its not first hand doesnt mean it is unreal..just because I posted on IV doesnt mean I expected IV to take up this case..just b'coz sucker like you saw two different lanes in the airport doesnt mean all airports are like that..I posted my experience in the airport I travelled thru..I dont have to prove to morons like you.
You dont need to be best and brightest to tell me that Airports have different lanes..Oh..yeah...how will I know..I sneaked through Texas border...I never said all ppl stand in the same lane..I said, queues are different but unless you are deaf to your a** you can hear most of the conversation..atleast I did..I dont care if you didnt in your case?
You believe or dont believe I give a rats a**..this is a free forum..I posted what a PERSON told me directly..I never read in the rules that I have to post along with a video recording of my conversation.
huh... _ _ ^ _ _ :cool:
i came recently on march 20th and how come i did not see when there were 50 desis in the visa's queues.stop these rumours.
i went to sbi when i was in india. that sbi manager came to know this and he was telling about that.i thought it might be a rumour but it still gave me couple of sleepless nights.see how fast this BS is spreading.
Well..you cut your BS first..just because Its not first hand doesnt mean it is unreal..just because I posted on IV doesnt mean I expected IV to take up this case..just b'coz sucker like you saw two different lanes in the airport doesnt mean all airports are like that..I posted my experience in the airport I travelled thru..I dont have to prove to morons like you.
You dont need to be best and brightest to tell me that Airports have different lanes..Oh..yeah...how will I know..I sneaked through Texas border...I never said all ppl stand in the same lane..I said, queues are different but unless you are deaf to your a** you can hear most of the conversation..atleast I did..I dont care if you didnt in your case?
You believe or dont believe I give a rats a**..this is a free forum..I posted what a PERSON told me directly..I never read in the rules that I have to post along with a video recording of my conversation.
huh... _ _ ^ _ _ :cool:
more...
pictures 1956 F100 Ford
prioritydate
12-20 07:03 PM
Please lookup 245(k).
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001255----000-.html
So basically if you are applying for employment based immigration adjustment of status(meaning I-485) under EB1 EB2 or EB3, (that's what they mean by paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 1153 (b) in the above text), and if you have not voilated status for over 180 days after your last legal entry into USA, and if you were in legal status at the time of applying for 485, then you may adjust status.
Now, a really good idea would be that you disclose this whole thing at the time of filing 485 and also claim the benefit under section 245(k). Since its apparent that you have not done it, I would advise to leave it alone and dont dig up old graves.
Consult an attorney for further advise, but dont go overboard in being Raja Harishchandra (the chronic truth teller) because frankly USCIS may not care about this and you can always claim the benefit under section 245(k).
However, if USCIS finds out about this (which is very very unlikely) and if the officer is a very strict person, then they may create a case of wilful misrepresentation. That's because on form I-485, it says that "have you ever been out of status or illegal and if so, provide details". In that question, if you didnt disclose your past history of being out of status ( I am assuming you were out of status and not illegal) then basically, in theory, they can say that you wilfully misrepresented (basically lied to them) by hiding this.
One option is to file an amendment to your I-485 and disclose this fact. That way, atleast they cannot make a case of wilfull misrepresentation. Nonetheless, remember, for them to find this out (about you not working and sitting at home) is difficult. Unless they somehow ask for your W-2 and paystubs for past 6-7 years and in that case it will be very easy for them to see that you were not working for 1 year.
Consult an attorney and tell the attorney all the details. I am not a lawyer and you should always ask a lawyer for legal advise.
Thanks for the clarification, Logiclife. I enter U.S in the first week of Feb, 2001. The economy was bad and I didn't manage to get a job. In fact, I didn't managed to get a job for a year. My then employer didn't revoked my H1B and the I-94 was valid until Oct, 2002. I didn't know that I was out of status till now. I don't remember seeing any section in I-485 form, asking for information about out of status. I did attach my previous H1-B approval notice(2000 -2002) while filing I-485. One thing I want to know is, did anyone got a query(RFE), asking to provide all W2 forms since their entry into this country? I am interested to know that.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001255----000-.html
So basically if you are applying for employment based immigration adjustment of status(meaning I-485) under EB1 EB2 or EB3, (that's what they mean by paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 1153 (b) in the above text), and if you have not voilated status for over 180 days after your last legal entry into USA, and if you were in legal status at the time of applying for 485, then you may adjust status.
Now, a really good idea would be that you disclose this whole thing at the time of filing 485 and also claim the benefit under section 245(k). Since its apparent that you have not done it, I would advise to leave it alone and dont dig up old graves.
Consult an attorney for further advise, but dont go overboard in being Raja Harishchandra (the chronic truth teller) because frankly USCIS may not care about this and you can always claim the benefit under section 245(k).
However, if USCIS finds out about this (which is very very unlikely) and if the officer is a very strict person, then they may create a case of wilful misrepresentation. That's because on form I-485, it says that "have you ever been out of status or illegal and if so, provide details". In that question, if you didnt disclose your past history of being out of status ( I am assuming you were out of status and not illegal) then basically, in theory, they can say that you wilfully misrepresented (basically lied to them) by hiding this.
One option is to file an amendment to your I-485 and disclose this fact. That way, atleast they cannot make a case of wilfull misrepresentation. Nonetheless, remember, for them to find this out (about you not working and sitting at home) is difficult. Unless they somehow ask for your W-2 and paystubs for past 6-7 years and in that case it will be very easy for them to see that you were not working for 1 year.
Consult an attorney and tell the attorney all the details. I am not a lawyer and you should always ask a lawyer for legal advise.
Thanks for the clarification, Logiclife. I enter U.S in the first week of Feb, 2001. The economy was bad and I didn't manage to get a job. In fact, I didn't managed to get a job for a year. My then employer didn't revoked my H1B and the I-94 was valid until Oct, 2002. I didn't know that I was out of status till now. I don't remember seeing any section in I-485 form, asking for information about out of status. I did attach my previous H1-B approval notice(2000 -2002) while filing I-485. One thing I want to know is, did anyone got a query(RFE), asking to provide all W2 forms since their entry into this country? I am interested to know that.
dresses 1956 F100 Model ID
Abhinaym
08-11 10:13 AM
It's out now EB2 I and C are 08JAN05.
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
Visa Bulletin September 2009 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html)
more...
makeup CAMIONETA F100 1956 RESTAURADA
anandsun
04-21 11:01 PM
Pratik and Jay spent some quality time with the Congressman AFTER the meeting was over. They should be updating us very soon.
Thanks
Anand
Thanks
Anand
girlfriend 1956 Ford F100 4x2 - Updating
tawlibann
03-18 06:00 PM
Sorry if this is offtopic but can someone explain to me who banned me and why? I didn't write anything offensive or abusive, and I didn't insult anybody. I was just discussing the issues I read in another forum.
If it is my handle, you don't like, well my name is Tawlibann Foggs (it is Celtic name, and quite rare but I like it). My friends call me Taliban jokingly (I know it may not be funny to all of you, and I didn't like it at first, but I can't stop people), so that's why the handle was 'taliban'. I hope that answers your questions, and I mean no harm to anyone.
I thought this forum was open to everybody to express their opinions and discuss relevant issues without insulting others. If you're going to keep banning me, please just let me know that I'm not welcome, and I'll leave. I thought Immigration Voice and its forum was open to all EB immigrants. I was even intending to become a contributing member, but now I'm kind of lost. Am I not supposed to post here? Is there something I missed?
If it is my handle, you don't like, well my name is Tawlibann Foggs (it is Celtic name, and quite rare but I like it). My friends call me Taliban jokingly (I know it may not be funny to all of you, and I didn't like it at first, but I can't stop people), so that's why the handle was 'taliban'. I hope that answers your questions, and I mean no harm to anyone.
I thought this forum was open to everybody to express their opinions and discuss relevant issues without insulting others. If you're going to keep banning me, please just let me know that I'm not welcome, and I'll leave. I thought Immigration Voice and its forum was open to all EB immigrants. I was even intending to become a contributing member, but now I'm kind of lost. Am I not supposed to post here? Is there something I missed?
hairstyles F100 badge I believe.
GreenLantern
03-15 07:57 AM
Do something easier.
How about a vehicle, computer case, or a building.
How about a vehicle, computer case, or a building.
gvenkat
09-09 01:00 PM
Unless there is a concrete effort just for EB3-I, Nothing is going to happen. It's just unfortunate that we are just a subset who are affected. In reality everyone else gets a GC in 5-6 years..
senthil1
04-04 03:20 PM
Your argument may be true only some extent. If you keep on asking more H1b and GC without meaningful reform of H1b then it won't sell in the congress and they will try to keep staus quo and you have to wait years to get gc. How do you resolve the problem of Cap reached within few days? Will congress accept unlimited H1bs? What is the solution for this?
Open your eyes and look clearly. This bill is designed to put an end to any competition for middle aged racist engineers afraid of competition from people who fit the profile of the membership of IV. Some members on the forum seem to think that this bill contain provisions to protect H-1b workers, but that is not true. This bill is designed to mean that current workers on H-1 are taking away American jobs as the protection proposed by the bill were not there when most of the forum members came on H1b. This bill was written by Ron Hira and IEEE. If nothing else then we need to understand that Ron Hira et al, are not in love with any of us. They represent middle aged racist engineers in US who are scared of competition and globalization. So please stop day dreaming and expecting that this bill would have anything to protect/benefit green card applicants. I understand/share the frustration with body-shoppers/consulting companies. Why whine about consulting companies and, work for them at the same time. If you are so good then why don't you switch jobs. Accenture, PWC, D&T, Bearing Point, Oracle consulting etc. also do consulting, what about them. Supporting this or any other bill from Sen. Grassley is suicidal. It�s acting like the 90% of ignorant Republican base, who earn less than 30K/yr and still support the party that oppose welfare reform and give tax breaks to the richest.
Taking out frustration on consulting companies doesn�t help us. If the green card process would work in the intended manner, none of us will be beholden to the employer. And there will be no room for frustration. Any employer would take advantage of such loopholes in the process where employee is beholden to the employer. But the thing is, employers or consulting companies did not create the currently broken green card process, neither did they create the backlog. The lawmakers, who did not attend to the immigration system for more than a decade, are responsible for the current system. And organizations like IEEE are responsible for opposing any meaningful reform on H1B/green card issues. Now they are using the situation to their advantage by tainting a pictures if we all the people in US, waiting for their green cards, should not have been in US if the system proposed by the bill was in place. And it is astonishing to see people calling to support a bill wihtout knowing its contents. So why blame our problems on consulting companies? You think IEEE drafted this bill for people who match the profile of IV members? This bill was has been drafted with the objective to secure the position of middle aged racist engineers, who do not want to upgrade their skills and who are scared of young minds ready to compete and learn new things.
Open your eyes and look clearly. This bill is designed to put an end to any competition for middle aged racist engineers afraid of competition from people who fit the profile of the membership of IV. Some members on the forum seem to think that this bill contain provisions to protect H-1b workers, but that is not true. This bill is designed to mean that current workers on H-1 are taking away American jobs as the protection proposed by the bill were not there when most of the forum members came on H1b. This bill was written by Ron Hira and IEEE. If nothing else then we need to understand that Ron Hira et al, are not in love with any of us. They represent middle aged racist engineers in US who are scared of competition and globalization. So please stop day dreaming and expecting that this bill would have anything to protect/benefit green card applicants. I understand/share the frustration with body-shoppers/consulting companies. Why whine about consulting companies and, work for them at the same time. If you are so good then why don't you switch jobs. Accenture, PWC, D&T, Bearing Point, Oracle consulting etc. also do consulting, what about them. Supporting this or any other bill from Sen. Grassley is suicidal. It�s acting like the 90% of ignorant Republican base, who earn less than 30K/yr and still support the party that oppose welfare reform and give tax breaks to the richest.
Taking out frustration on consulting companies doesn�t help us. If the green card process would work in the intended manner, none of us will be beholden to the employer. And there will be no room for frustration. Any employer would take advantage of such loopholes in the process where employee is beholden to the employer. But the thing is, employers or consulting companies did not create the currently broken green card process, neither did they create the backlog. The lawmakers, who did not attend to the immigration system for more than a decade, are responsible for the current system. And organizations like IEEE are responsible for opposing any meaningful reform on H1B/green card issues. Now they are using the situation to their advantage by tainting a pictures if we all the people in US, waiting for their green cards, should not have been in US if the system proposed by the bill was in place. And it is astonishing to see people calling to support a bill wihtout knowing its contents. So why blame our problems on consulting companies? You think IEEE drafted this bill for people who match the profile of IV members? This bill was has been drafted with the objective to secure the position of middle aged racist engineers, who do not want to upgrade their skills and who are scared of young minds ready to compete and learn new things.
No comments:
Post a Comment